16

SUIGETSU'S POV
Sasuke's been different ever since he saw Michiko for the first time in a long time, and Jūgo noticed it too, so we decided to stop by his room.

"Sasuke, w-"

I stopped talking when I saw him sitting on his bed, staring at a piece of paper.

"What is that?" Jūgo asked.

He sighed, then motioned for us to go see what it was and I was surprised to see a picture.

"Isn't this that girl?" Jūgo asked.

He nodded, then looked out the window as we looked at the picture of him and Michiko smiling.

"This isn't a childhood picture..." I noticed.

"It was a few nights ago." He admitted.

"You really care about this girl, huh?" I asked.

"I told you, we've been friends since we were born."

"I think it's nice." Jūgo said.

"What do you mean?"

"To have such a strong bond with a friend. Sasuke seems to only let her see that side of him." He said as he pointed at Sasuke smiling in the picture.

"Just date her." I sighed.

KARIN'S POV
I listened in on most of the boys' conversation and was angered by what I heard. When I peeked in, I saw Sasuke put something under his pillow and decided that when he fell asleep, I'd see what it was.

***

I snuck into Sasuke's room and smiled as I watched him sleep, then went under his pillow and grabbed whatever it was that he put under there. I was immediately enraged when I saw a picture of him smiling with that girl he captured a while back.

"What are you doing?" Sasuke demanded as he woke up.

"Why do you have this?"

"It's none of your business." He said as he tried to snatch the picture back.

"I don't want you seeing her!" I yelled.

"Give me the picture, Karin."

"Fine!"

I tore it in half, then glared at him.

"What did you do?" He howled as he jumped up.

"W-What?"

"What happened?" Jūgo asked as he ran in in with Suigestu.

"Why would you do that? That picture is important to me!" He yelled as Suigestu and Jūgo held him back.

"Why?" I yelled back.

"She's the most important person in my life and she gave me that! You idiot, I can't believe you'd rip it!"

"You ripped the picture?" Suigestu asked in shock as he looked at the pieces in my hands.

"He shouldn't have had it in the first place!" I insisted.

"He just got it a few nights ago. She gave it to him to as a keepsake before our mission!" He scolded.

"Well, why is he even seeing her?"

"Do you have any idea how long they've known each other?"

"N-No."

"They've been friends since they were babies. He loves her." Jūgo said.

I looked from Jūgo, to Suigetsu, then to an enraged Sasuke, and screamed.

"Fine, take the stupid picture since you love her so much!" I yelled as I tore it into smaller pieces and threw them at him.

"Get out! Get out!" Sasuke screamed.

I began to cry, then left the room as I tried to figure out why he'd care so much about that stupid girl.

SASUKE'S POV
I stared in disbelief at the shredded picture pieces on the floor since I couldn't believe that she actually did that.

"Sasuke, are you okay?" Suigestu asked.

I snatched out of their hold, then picked up the pieces and stared at them.

"I can fix it." Jūgo offered.

"Y-You can?"

He nodded, then I gave him the pieces and he left for a bit. While we waited, I was slightly comforted by the fact that I had the other picture that I had hidden in a secret compartment in the handle of my blade. After a while, Jūgo came back and the picture was as good as new.

"H-How'd you do that?" I gasped.

"It's a secret." He smiled.

"Thank you." I said as I stared at it.

"I've never seen you freak out like that, Sasuke." Suigestu said.

"She's all I have left..." I said.