25

SAKURA'S POV
Ino and I visited Michiko to put flowers in her room since she's been unconscious for a few days, and when we arrived, we found Hinata.

"Hey, Hinata." I greeted.

"Hello."

"You came to visit too?" Ino asked.

"Yes, I couldn't believe the news when I heard it." She said.

The door opened and Naruto, Sai, Kiba, Akamaru, Shikamaru, Choji, TenTen, Neji, Lee, and Shino walked in. We all talked about how we felt about what happened to her and were all saddened. After a while, the others left, but Naruto and I remained.

"I still can't believe that her own father did this to her and her brothers just stood by." Naruto said as he held back angry tears.

After a few minutes several ANBU appeared in the room, then Lady Tsunade walked in.

"Granny Tsunade, what's with all the-"

"We came to see Lady Michiko." One of them answered.

Naruto and I were surprised since we didn't know how many people she's trained under and the fact that the news affected ANBU was amazing to us.

"She's so strong." I realized.

A little while after they left, there was a knock at the door, then her brothers walked in.

"How is she?" Kenji asked.

"Why do you care? It's not like you did anything to stop it." Naruto bit.

"You don't understand." Kenji insisted.

"She's your sister! Look at her!" Naruto yelled.

"Naruto, calm down." I said.

"How long has she been out?" Satoura asked.

"A few days." I answered.

I noticed Jiro look down and Kenji's hand curled into a fist. Later on, as her brothers left, her father walked in.

"How could you?" Naruto scolded.

"Release the jutsu." I pleaded.

"No, she has to learn to break it herself." He answered

"Ibiki Sensei said that nobody's ever broken it." I said.

"I know."

"Then why would you-" Naruto began.

"She's the only one who can break it alone other than Jiro, but he can only break it because I taught him the jutsu."

"She's your daughter." Naruto insisted.

"It's a test." He said.

"Of what?" I asked.

"Michiko is a strong girl. I know that she's stronger than her brothers and in order to allow her to reach her full potential, I had to make her want to surpass them. I know that it sounds harsh, but it's the only way for me to be sure. I've heard the rumors of her strength in several villages, but she tends to act out of emotion. This is my way of teaching her to not let her feelings be used against her." He explained.

"But don't you think this was a little harsh? You used the jutsu on an ANBU level." I pressed.

"There's a reason for that too. When I first tried it, it didn't really work because she just got annoyed with me. Then, when we went on that mission together, she was only a little angry. I had to push it as hard as I could. Her brothers didn't do anything because I told them my plan and ordered them to stay out of it. I love all of my children but I know that the boys will always be closer to each other than they'll be with Michiko, so I need Michiko to be able to handle herself entirely."

"But why an ANBU level attack?" Naruto asked.

Without a word, her father approached her and pulled the blanket down a bit, exposing her arm.

"I-Is that?" I gasped.

"Yes, Michiko is an ANBU." Tsunade confirmed.

I stared at the tattoo that she's kept hidden from us.

"I was just as surprised." Matsu said.

"She became an ANBU a little while after the Sand attacked us during the Chunin exams." Kakashi Sensei added as he walked in.

"Why didn't she tell us?" Naruto asked.

"She wasn't allowed to. Not even Sasuke knew about her ANBU status." Tsunade said.

"I had no idea." I whispered.

"That's the point. She was ordered to limit her power levels. She's a Kage-level shinobi, but she doesn't want to be the Hokage." Kakashi added.

We both looked at her in a new light.

"But wait, wasn't Sasuke protective of her?" Naruto asked.

"He was, but that's because he cares for her. She used to train with his brother when you were all in the Academy."

"Wait... That's right, she wasn't in the Academy with us." I realized.

"Oh, yeah. We only saw her with Sasuke after class." Naruto added.

"She was already a genin at that time and was preparing for the Chunin Exams."

"Now it all makes sense..." I said.

"What do you mean, Sakura?" Her father asked.

"I just meant everything in the past adds up now. When we were little, she wasn't in the Academy with us, but was always with Sasuke outside of class. Then, when we were placed in squads, a four man squad was announced and Michiko walked in and was placed on our team. Also, on missions, we barely saw her fight, but she usually came out unscathed or when she did fight, it was quick." I explained.

"Oh yeah. Now that I think about it... I remember her match for the Chunin exams... It was weird to all of us."

"What?" Her father asked again.

"You don't know, Matsu Sensei?" Naruto questioned.

"During the first round of eliminations after we left the forest, Michiko didn't have an opponent since there was an unequal number of us, so she was paired up with a jonin." I told him.

"Yeah, that match was crazy. It happened so quick and she won in less than five minutes."

"That's my little girl." Matsu Sensei smiled.

"Well, although I don't approve of what you did, Matsu, I'll respect it. She'll be fine, but if she's not awake by next week, break this jutsu. Understood?" Tsuande said.

"Of course."

He smiled at Michiko once more, then kissed her forehead before leaving to handle business.