CHAPTER SIXTY ONE

"...He didn't even know it, that for me, he was worthy of over a million second chances..."- Yumnah Saeed.

Full cheesiness up ahead...

To say that Yumnah was overly emotional on entering her and Yasir's room would be one complete understatement. Tears stained her eyes and a few even trickled down her face as she looked around their room events from that particular day freshly replaying at the back of her mind. She took in a deep breath feeling deeply overwhelmed with everything but then faintly smiled when she felt her husband tightly hug her from behind, his chin gently resting on her shoulder.

"Yumnah," he whispered, pulling her even closer to his chest knowing very well that she was reliving everything and what really hurt him was the fact that he knew that it was all solely because of him.

"I am really very sorry Yumnah," he said wishing he could just go back in time and fix everything.

Fix everything just for her.

To begin with, he would have been extremely careful of his choice of words with her. Secondly, he would have tried to be as gentle as possible with her, just the way she deserved it. He would have done so many things differently but he now couldn't and that is how life simply was.

It just could not be rewound.

Mistakes were bound to happen and that was what life was all about. It was all about second chances. Something that his wife had easily granted him and because of that second chance he now had her back in his arms, right where she belonged and now he planned on setting things right but most of all, he planned on having Yumnah Saeed fall for him, over and over again.

"Yasir please stop apologising already," she whispered, breaking him out of his thoughts and as she turned around to face him, she couldn't stop herself from smiling out of shyness when he once again tightly wrapped his arms around her waist.

"No Yumnah, I know that as much as you have forgiven me, I also know how hard it is to forget," he said and sighed when he felt her cup his cheek.

"So just because you think that I cannot forget, you plan on apologising your entire life?"

"If I have to, then yes."

"Yasir..."

"I know it's hard for you Yumnah. Even at this very moment, I know that you are thinking of all that happened. Every single time you enter this room, I know that you will not be able to stop those horrible memories. I really hurt you that day Yumnah but Wallah I never..."

"Yasir?" she asked cutting him short and lovingly rubbing her thumb over his cheek.

"Yes, Yumnah?"

"Just because of one bad memory, do you want me to forget all the other beautiful memories I have had in this room?"

"What?" he asked, genuinely confused.

"Well, from today onwards In Sha Allah every time I tend to remember what happened, I will instead choose to remember the million times I have beat your miserable self to the bathroom every morning at Fajr time," she said while grinning and Yasir too could not stop himself from smiling.

"Oh please, you mean that one time when I actually let you win on purpose?"

"Nope, I mean the gazillion times I beat you to it. You loser."

"Well just know that I have been practising while you were away. My record currently holds at 2.11 seconds. Try beat if you can!"

"Oh, so that was the real reason behind why you sent me away?" Yumnah asked jokingly and Yasir immediately threw his head back roaring in laughter.