CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Yasir sat back in his swivel chair listening intently to his personal assistant read out the company's annual business report.An aura of confidence surrounded him and from his expressionless face,one could easily tell that he meant business.

"What?Thats it?Thats not even a report to begin with," he said,a hint of irritation in his voice.He had been in office for only a week and it hadn't taken him long to figure out that everything was in a mess.

"Sorry sir,il redo it and rectify everything," said his assistant.His new boss always made him nervous.He may be physically blind but there was nothing blind in his demeanour and way of working.The man meant pure business and if he wasnt careful, he was sure that he was going to lose his job soon.

"And call the head accountant for me on your way out.If the guy does not want to work, we can as well send him home."

"Yes Sssir," stuttered his assistant as he stood up to leave.Things were definately on fire around here, he thought as he quickly rushed out to warn his likewise lazy colleagues.

Khaleel held open the glass door as he watched the poor man scurry out.He quickly put a file over his face to hide his smile.The idiot deserved it.He really did.

"Asalam aleikum bro," he said as he walked into his cousin's office.

"Waleikum salam Khaleel," said Yasir, his face immediately lighting up.He was really missing Hisham and needed someone familiar to talk to.

"Whoa,word out there is that you have the whole department on their toes."

"Don't even ask.What was the previous manager doing even?" asked Yasir as he loosened the tie around his neck.He was really tired and couldn't wait to go home.

"I never liked him bro,he never even showed up to work half of the time," said Khaleel as he sat down on one of the chairs.

"So,are you nervous like Hisham was before his wedding?" Yasir asked a wide smile on his face.Friday was just three days away.Why was Khaleel at work even?

"Im not getting married Yasir.Yumnah and i broke off our engagement."

"What?Why?" Yasir asked shock all over his face.But wait,why was he feeling relieved at the same time?Like as if a heavy weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

"It just wasn't meant to be.It wouldn't have worked out between us," said Khaleel.

He had just called Yumnah's father about an hour ago to break off the engagement.To say the old man was shocked would be an understatement.He had kept asking for a reason but Khaleel had stuck to"it was not meant to be."
He wondered how things were fairing on at Yumnah's house.

Good.Hopefully.

"Oh."

"Yeah," said Khaleel.How he wished he could tell Yasir of what he knew but he couldn't.Yumnah had trusted him and he had no plans of breaking that trust.All he could do was pray for both of them.Pray that they would unite.Soon.

"Come home for dinner then,Mama is making couscous," said Yasir in a bid to reduce the awkward tension in the room.

"Wow, couscous?Wouldn't miss it.Hisham is definately going to burn," said Khaleel.

"Thats actually the plan bro,i plan on sending him a picture too."

"Since when did you become so evil?" joked Khaleel.

"I have my days."

Khaleel laughed shaking his head in disbelief.Yasir had some 'Hisham' moments as well.It was one crazy family and he was glad to be part of it.