CHAPTER TWELVE

Hisham keenly watched his wife remove her bridal makeup.He had been patiently watching her for the past fifteen minutes and couldn't believe that she was still not yet done.How many layers of that thing had they even applied to her face?It was simply horrible.

"Are you almost done Zulekha?" he asked hoping that she would say yes.

"Nope,not even close."

"Oh,okay," he replied, slightly disappointed.

This was not how he had imagined their wedding night to be.He had planned out some romantic moments for both of them, hoping to properly kickstart their marriage.But here he was now, in their honeymoon suite,sitting alone on the large luxurious bed watching his wife remove layers of "cake" off her face.

What a lucky man he was.

"How much longer do you think you will take habibty?" he asked again impatiently.

"Hisham,i will tell you when i am done okay and why do you keep asking me that?"

"I wanted to us pray Isha together,like as a couple,"he said shyly rubbing his neck.Just the thought of her praying behind him or beside him made his heart flutter.It was a new feeling all together.

"Sorry Hisham but i want to remove all my makeup and it will take a while.Why dont you just pray your Isha Salah?I will offer mine after i am done," she said without even looking at him.

Hisham sighed.Guess he would just have to pray alone.Maybe they could pray Fajr together,In Sha Allah.

"You know you dont have to put all that makeup on again.I will always find you beautiful regardless," he said as he stood up to go make wudhu.

"I know."

Hisham mentally gagged at her reply.So much for trying.Maybe they were both just tired and needed rest.Tomorrow would be a new day.A new day for them as a couple.Alhamdullilah.

"By the way Hisham, where are we going for our honeymoon?"asked Zulekha starting up a conversation for the first time since they had came into the suite.

A conversation Hisham was going to dread.

"Ive booked us a cabin in the countryside habibty.Its a beautiful place MashAllah.You will love it.It will only be you and me," said Hisham grinning.

He had booked the cabin with much difficulty but in the end he had succeeded by the help of a close friend.It was a small and cosy cabin, just the right romantic getaway they both needed or so he thought.

"Is this a joke?A cabin?What are we scouts?" asked Zulekha, her face all red from irritation.

Hisham let out a laugh.She wasnt angry, was she?

"Hisham,i want to go to Maldives, so you better take me there.I dont want to go to some lousy cabin," she said her voice rising.

Hisham was shocked.Maldives?Was this woman even serious?

"I cant afford to take you there,"he said running his hand through his hair in frustration.Wow,and to think this was just day one of their marriage.

"What do you mean by you can't afford to take me there?You are a Hosseini.Your father is a billionaire."

"Yes, my father is a billionaire but i  work for my father.I earn a salary Zulekha and i spent all my savings in buying the dream house you wanted," he shouted back.

"I dont care,talk to your father.He threw us a big wedding right?Now he can send us on our honeymoon as well," she said as she broke down in tears.

Hisham rushed and embraced his wife.He had promised to keep her happy and he also wanted this marriage to work and  if Maldives is what she wanted then he would do whatever it took to take her there.