CHAPTER TWO

6 months later...

Yumnah listened intently to her Ustadha as she spoke on the topic of a perfect marriage.She now understood that a marriage was based on patience and understanding.It was all about accepting each others flaws and learning to live with them.

It was when two imperfect people came together to create something perfect.That is what they called love,according to her Ustadha.

Love.

Her thoughts drifted to a certain someone and her cheeks immediately turned crimson.She wondered how he was fairing on.He was so far away from everyone.She secretly made dua for him everyday.She prayed to Allah to make him successful and to make things easy for him always.

Her mind quickly got clouded by his thoughts and she muttered a few "Astaghfirullahs".He already was embedded in her every thought and lowering her gaze had also become difficult whenever he was around.

She really needed to get a grip on her feelings.According to her Ustadha's previous teachings, she know that it was not wrong to have feelings for someone.What she did with those feelings is what mattered.She needed to keep things halal.

She sighed.Keeping things halal meant marriage and she knew that her parents would never agree.That is why she had not told anyone about her feelings.They would just pass it as infatuation.

But it wasnt infatuation for sure.She had been fond of him from a very young age.

Flashback.

The classroom was chaotic.It was the last period to home time and unfortunately the teacher had not shown up.The class full of 7 year olds had literally taken that be another "recess."

Papers were flying all over,some children were at the board drawing with the teacher's chalk while others were running all round the small classroom.

Little Yumnah sat quietly at her desk watching the other kids.She was one of those quiet students.Her gaze shifted once again to the new boy.He was once again,sitting all alone in the corner.And why were his eyes closed most of the time?

She opened her bag,removed a bar of chocolate and then headed towards him.Maybe they could become friends, if he was not weird.But, boys were always weird.

"Hi," she said as she sat on the desk beside him.

"Hello," he replied turning his head in the direction of her voice.

"Why are you always sitting alone?"

"Because its my first day and i havent made any friends yet," he replied.

"I can be your friend if you want."

He nodded a small smile on his face.

"Why are your eyes closed most of the time?Are you sleeping?" She innocently asked.She was one inquisitive child.

"No, i am blind."

Yumnah took a bite of her chocolate as she studied him.He had now opened his eyes but he kept moving them in all directions.

"Whats blind?"

He sighed.This girl asked too many questions.He just wanted to go home to his mother.He had hated his first day of school and now this girl with her never ending questions.He was getting irritated.

"I cant see."

Yumnah squinted her face.Was he lying?

"You cant see me right now?"