Chapter 33

William's POV

Papunta kami ngayon ni Daniella sa cafeteria. It's amusing how the students like to criticize Daniella, but I couldn't care less if they say we don't look together. I say, I'm the one who's courting her, so they can mind their own business.

"Saan ka ba galing? May inanunsyo si Headmistress kanina." Tanong ko. Both her and Ash were missing earlier.

"May inasikaso lang ako at sinabi na sakin ni Headmistress ang anunsyo." Nagsalubong ang kilay ko. What business did she do that she couldn't attend to a one-minute announcement?

"Anong inaasikaso mo?" Takang tanong ko pero binigyan lang niy ako ng maliit na ngiti.

"It's a bit private." Sagot niya kaya tumango nalang ako. Pagdating namin doon sa cafeteria ay pinaupo ko agad si Daniella at umorder sa counter.

"2 hot cappuccinos and 2 chocolate cake." Tumango ang babae. Ilang minuto ay dumating na ang order kaya bumalik ako sa mesa namin. Umupo ako sa kanyang harapan at binigay sa kanya ang isang cappuccino and chocolate cake.

"Thank you. Chocolate is one of my fave." Nakangiting sabi niya at kinain ito.

"What a coincidence." Tawa ko. I kept an eye on her as she ate. Daniella doesn't have a filter; she eats the way she usually eats. Some girls eat elegantly enough to be attractive in front of everyone, but she is not one of them. She eats like a pig, is how I can describe her. No offense meant, but it's cute. I giggled at umiling iling. Napansin niya ata akong nakatitig sa kanya kaya napahinto siya.

"Staring is rude you know?"

"I am just amazed on how you tortured the cake."

"Sorry, gutom lang talaga ako."

"Sige patuloy ka lang sa pagkain. I'm gonna watch you."

"Kumain ka din."

"Nah,I'm good."

"Anong silbi sa inorder mo?"

"Display lang yan. Or gusto mong kainin I will gladly give it to you." Inirapan niya ako at kinuha ang cake. "Akin na, sayang naman." I laughed at her. 

"Alam mo, para kang baboy kumain pero singpayat kapa ng stick." Pang aasar ko sa kanya, sinamaan naman niya ako ng tingin.

"Don't you dare tease me like that. As if you were any different from me. Tumawa ako sa kanya. She may have a point, but she is noticeably thinner than the other girls here. I just stared at her for a little longer. I'm not sure why, but I can't seem to take my gaze away from her. Pagkatapos namin kumain ay napagpasyahan namin doon na muna kami sa Canteen. "I wanna know paano kayo nagpakilala ni Ash at nabuo ang Supreme team." Takang tanong niya at napaisip muna ako.

"Well, Ash and I had been friends since we were kids. I was the strong one, while he was the frail one. He had already been bullied, and as the older and stronger one, I wanted to assist him to become stronger. Even though he was young, I taught him. Previously, I was familiar with a variety of techniques and moves because my parents shared their knowledge with me. Our magics may be different, but he can use the methods I taught him; he only needs to familiarize himself with the properties of air and how to demonstrate them properly." Umawang ng kunti ang kanyang labi at tumango, signalling me to continue.

"Since years had elapsed, he had mastered everything I had taught him. I planned a duel with him when I was 14 years old. He refused to consent to the duel I planned because he was afraid, but I persuaded him to ignore everything and concentrate on himself, to do his best in the duel. I'm not sure how to describe the duel. The more the duel went on, the more vicious it became, but at the end of it, despite his body being covered with cuts and bruises, he groggily stood up and proudly raised his fists. He beat me despite the fact that he was on the verge of giving up." That recollection came to mind, and I was surprised that he had beaten me. I expected to win, but he put everything I told him to good use, and he even added a little tactic about how to better hit me with it in the middle of the fight, but I was always proud of him.