Chapter 14

(Brendons POV)

It was Monday morning and today I finally go back to school. I genuinely can say that I was excited. Usually I would dread going back but it's almost been a month and I missed everyone dearly. I miss seeing all my friends everyday, even if I hate being in that building. I run my fingers through my hair and look away from the mirror, turning to Dallon. "This is gonna be an issue." I say, running my fingers over the bruise on my neck. Dallon finished buttoning up his shirt, and smirks softly, nodding ever so slightly. "It's not funny." I whine and he chuckles. "Looks good on you babe." He says and walks over pressing a kiss to my forehead. "Get your shoes on, we gotta leave in a few minutes okay?" He says and I smile softly and nod, watching as he leaves the room.

I pull on my shoes, smoothing out my shirt in the mirror before walking back out. "Dal I need concealer or something." I say and he walks over, and softly runs his fingers over it. "Think it looks pretty on you if you ask me, Urie." He says, his eyes meeting mine. I feel my cheeks flare up, and playfully slap his shoulder. "No, stop I'm serious." I say and he shrugs. "You can wear a scarf or something?" He suggests and I sigh. "I'll just, act like it doesn't exist." I say and he chuckles and nods. "That works too, ready to go?" He asks and I nod. "I think." I say, and grab my bookbag. "Yeah now I am." I confirm and off we went to hell- I mean school.

!

As I walked down the halls I can feel people staring at me. At first I thought it was the hickey, but I realized, it's not THAT noticeable. I came to a conclusion that rumors had probably spread about me while I was gone. That or people heard what happened and seeing me alive and well is wild. It is wild, though isn't it? I should've died, they didn't expect me to make it. Yet here I am. All day all my teachers kept telling me to go easy and to be honest, it was great. I did my work, and than basically put my head down for the rest of class, and handed in make up work that I had done at home. I was so excited for lunch, I couldn't sit still on my seat. My leg bounced under the desk, as I let my fingers tap on the desk, writing down the notes on the board. I kept glancing at the clock and my teacher seemed to notice because he walked over.

"Brendon do you need a minute?" He asks and I quickly nod and stand up. "May I use the lavatory?" I ask and he nods. "Sure thing, try to not be too long." He says and I nod, and leave. I need to move, sitting in a seat for that long was killing me. I walked around for a bit aimlessly, making sure to keep track of time. "Urie!" I hear someone say and I turn around quickly, startled. "Oh hi Mr. Greenland." I say. He was my English teacher last year, one of my favorite teachers to be honest. That class was fun. "I heard what happened, how're you doing bud?" He asks and I smile. "Pretty good. Broke my arm, the coma happened too but luckily I pulled through." I say and he nods. "And you're back already? I heard you weren't even gonna wake up." He says and I slowly nod.

"The news spread fast yeah?" I ask and he nods. "You were on the news." He says. Woah. "Really, wow. That's wild sir. I didn't know my story made it to the news." I say in disbelief and he slowly nods. "Take care okay? Anytime you need anything you know where my room is." He says while patting my shoulder. "Have a nice one, Mr. G." I say and he nods. "You too, Urie." He says and I head back to class. We have 6 minutes left, luckily. I don't wanna get in trouble for something dumb like not coming back to class. I walk back in, nodding at the teacher before sitting back down. After like three minutes, he dismisses us early, so I hurriedly left to get to my locker.

Brendon: got let out early I'll be at my locker

Dallon: okay b

I put my combination in, pulling open my locker and shoving my books inside. I close it and lean against it as students slowly filled the halls. I played on my phone until Dallon approached me. "Ready?" He asks and I nod. "Was I really on the news?" I ask causing Dallon to look at me. "Yeah, your story was everywhere. Everyone here knows what happened, why?" He asks. "I ran into Mr. Greenland, he told me." I say and Dallon nods. "Yeah it's true." He says as we walk into the cafeteria. "That's wild. Explains why everyone seems to be staring at me." I say and he slowly nods. "A lot of people thought you wouldn't make it fairly enough. So it's probably weird seeing you here so soon." He says and I nod. Fair enough.