Chapter 1

(Brendons POV)

I wake up to my alarms annoying beeping. Beep. Beep. Beep. It made my ears ring, and hurt my head, forming a small headache. It's too early for this bullshit. "Shut the hell up!" I yell, reaching my hand out from under the warm blankets, and slamming it off the side table. It still didn't turn off though, much to my distaste. I get put of bed, a string of cuss words slipping between my lips, as I pull the plug. It turned off, and I roll my eyes and go back underneath the nice warm covers. School is dumb anyways, sleep is far more important.

"Brendon you better be up." I hear Dallons voice outside the door, followed by a small knock. Dallon is my best friend. Right when I turned 17, my mom basically kicked me out. She couldn't deal with my 'condition'. She always gave me shit for it. And reminded me constantly that I wasn't normal. She wasn't very loving towards me either. My dad was nice enough to buy me a house, and Dallons mom was nice enough to let him move in with me since he is 17 too. We go to high school together every morning, it's our thing.

"Go away." I say, and shove my face into the pillow. I hear rain start to hit against the window and I sigh. I hear my door open, and I feel the bed dip next to me. "Bren, c'mon. We can go get donuts." Dallon says. "They'll get soggy." I state bitterly, sitting up. "The rain is pretty." He says, in attempt to cheer me up. "No it's not!" I say, and we both jump as a roll of thunder is heard outside. "Don't get mad, B. You're okay." He says and I just stare at him.

"I don't wanna go to school." I say, all the anger I had just felt, melted down to sadness, an emotion I knew far too well. I hear the rain pick up outside, and that made me want to cry. "I don't either but we have to. It's our last year. We'll get held back if we dont go, you know this." He says and I shake my head. "I'm sick of walking outside every morning and having it be raining." I state and he gives me a half smile. I wish he would smile fully, he has a nice smile. It could light up th- My thoughts are cut off by him speaking.

"Cheer up then. Think positively." He says and I scoff, looking down at my lap. "Easier said than done." I shoot back and he sighs. "I know, Bren. I know." He says softly. "It's one day, I haven't missed one this whole year." I try to reason and he shakes his head. "Bren, you can't just not go for no reason. You may need a day off because you're sick or something one day, use it for that." He says. "We're allowed 5 sick days that are excused, I'll say I was sick." I say. Which is true.

"If you don't go, I can't go either. We both know this." He says. He's right. When I'm alone for long periods of time, I get scared and sad and then the rain is heavier than ever, and that's not good. Especially for the 6 hours that he would be in school. "Then stay home with me." I say and he looks at his watch. "We're gonna be late, get dressed." He says and I grab his arm, pulling him down. "Brendon what are-" he starts and I wrap my arms around him, throwing a leg over his torso. "I'm not going." I say. "You're being childish, Bren." He says. "Don't care." I reply.

"Get off me, Brendon. We need to go to school." He says, and I can hear the annoyance in his voice. Good be annoyed, it's not gonna change my mind. "What's so bad about today? Why don't you wanna go?" He asks, and I rest my head on his chest. "Do you have a project due that you didn't do? A presentation? Are people picking on you? What's wrong?" He asks and I sigh. "It's just a bad morning. I wanna go back to bed." I state, and he wraps an arm around me, and rubs my back. He's trying to calm me down. Probably so he can force me out the door.

"Today might be a really good day if you give it a chance." He says and wanted to laugh. "I doubt it." I mumble and he sighs, and pats my back. "Let me get up, before I fall back to sleep." He says and he's gonna regret telling me that. "5 more minutes?" I ask. "Bren." He whines. "You're a nerd, school can wait." I say and he sighs. "Fine, five." He says and I smirk. Hopefully he falls asleep, and then I can go back to bed too, and then I won't have to go into that hellhole today. I start to hum, and cuddle into him more.