Chapter 8

(Brendons POV)

I woke up to a soft whispering. It was low and at first I couldn't make out what they were saying or who the voice belonged to. I also realized I couldn't open my eyes, it was as if they were glued shut and it frustrated me. I then realized I couldn't move either. It felt as if I was being held down by weights almost. I try to focus on the voice and the words started to make sense the more I focused. "- just feel so guilty you know? I've been ignoring you, and acting like you aren't my best friend when you are. Goddamnit Brendon you're my best friend. I..I wish I didn't act like such an ass. I wish I had let you explain." The voice says but I couldn't make out who it belonged to. Why couldn't I remember who that was? Why is my brain all foggy?

"I read through the journal. They found it in the car. Did you go to the park? God I wish we could go back to being 13 again. Back when it was just you and I and we didn't h-have a care in the world you know? Back when relationships meant nothing to us, our only worry was getting home before the streetlights came on." They say again, rambling on. It was nice. I liked that they were talking to me. I liked that they were taking time to sit here with me. Even if i didn't know who they were or what was happening. I then notice that I can't feel my body. As if I don't even have one. I don't like this. I wanna know what's going on.

"I wonder if you can actually hear me. Are you listening? I really hope you are." They say and of course I'm listening. How could I not? I wanted to open my eyes. I wanted to open my eyes and show them that I am listening. Why can't I just open my fucking eyes?! "You know, ever since you've been in a coma the weather stayed the same. It's been slightly cloudy out, but a bit sunny. So I guess you were kinda happy but kinda sad? Either way, I'd take those stormy days back again if it meant that I get you back." They say. Wait. Coma? I'm in a Coma? What the fuck. I close my eyes to rest after almost dying only for my body to say a big fuck you to me and throw me into a coma. That's bullshit. And the weather, it hasn't changed? Wait so this person knows about my "power" if you will.

Dallon. It has to be Dallon. The subjects he's talking about, oh thank god. So I guess he's not angry at me still. Maybe just a bit? "Though I'd kill to see you smile right now. You look so, dead. You look dead, Brendon. It's scary. Wake up..please?" He says and suddenly I feel a squeeze on my hand. So now my body is aware that I have a hand. Well two. I have two hands. Yet I can't move them. "They said if you're able to squeeze back that there's a chance you're getting better. That you'll wake up sooner. Not guaranteed but I believe in you. You're strong." He says and I wanted to hug him. He sounded like he was crying, getting all choked up. I tried my best to move the hand that he was clearly holding, it felt pressured more than the one he wasn't. But I couldn't even muster up the strength to move one of my fingers even slightly.

"I know it must be annoying hearing me begging you to move, even if its just a bit but I'm just scared is all." Dallon whispers. It was silent for a bit the only thing keep me assured that he hasn't left If the pressure on my hand. "If I lose you I don't know what I'll do. I can't live without you. It's just not an option." He says and suddenly my hand does a weird like twitch thing. I wasn't able to like move it properly but it kinda spazzed out. "Holy shit." Dallon whispers and I hope that's a sign that I'm gonna be able to move, talk, and you know be a human soon because this is truly frustrating. I wanna talk. I wanna answer him. I atleast want to See him. Yet I still couldn't open my eyes. I'm not even sure how my hand did that twitch thing. This whole situation is all kinds of fucked up and I'm not here for it.

"See, I knew it. Even if it has been a few weeks. They said you could possibly never wake up and here you ar-are. You'll prove them wrong I know it." Dallon says and wait hold the fuck on. A few weeks?? What kind of bullshit is that?! I could feel myself freaking out,  and not being able to move wasn't helping. "Hey, hey calm down." Dallon says. How does he know?! As if I said it out loud, he answered. "Your heart monitor is freaking out. Does that mean you're aware right now? You can hear me?" He asks and I tried so desperately to squeeze his hand, but I couldn't. Maybe I'm just not trying hard enough. Dallon squeezes my hand and I don't know how, but suddenly I was able to squeeze his hand. Only once I managed to and I wasn't able to again, but Dallon was more than happy.