20

Within minutes, police cars pulled up in front of the hotel. I watched Dean get handcuffed and put into the backseat of a squad car. As they drove off, another cop came up to me immediately knew who I was.

I ended up talking to a few cops trying to explain to them what had happened. But nothing I seemed to say got them to care about whatever happened to me. Some thought I was crazy and some sort of prostitute.

"I'm not making this up," I exclaimed.

"It's okay Brandy. You are not going to get into any trouble." They said.

"But I didn't do anything," I said slightly raising my voice. "He forced me to come here."

They rolled their eyes and walked away from. I managed to call Denim who was apparently already on his way. I sat in the back of an ambulance as a paramedic cleaned and redressed my wounds.

I winced in pain as the alcohol touched my skin. "We are almost done here, Ms. Diamond."

"...thank you," I said softly.

I sat quietly waiting for Denim show up. I just wanted to go home. "Are you okay?" He asked.

I lifted up my head to look him. He had nice blue eyes, and simple brown hair cut short. He looked pretty young for his age. I wanted to respond, but I knew deep down Denim would flip out on me if he caught speaking to someone else who isn't him.

I lowered my head again moving away from him a little. He sighed. "Brandy I'm not going to hurt you. It's okay. Whatever is going on, you can tell me."

I shook my head. "My-my boyfriend is on his way," I said.

"I'm Mike by the way." He says.

I looked up at him and smiled a little. "Hi."

I stayed silent after that. It was just awkward silence. I prayed that Denim would show up any second now. I kept my head down avoiding any kind of communication.

"Uh, I'll be right back." Mike had said getting out of the back of the ambulance.

I nodded my head as I crossed my arms rubbing the sides of my arms. A couple of minutes have passed and loud aggressive voice called out my name. I look up immediately and saw standing Denim only a few feet away from me. I rushed out of the ambulance and jump at him wrapping my arms around him as tight as I could.

I started to ball my eyes. I felt his arms wrap around my torso as he rested his chin on top of my head. "Why would you do that to me?" I sobbed barely letting go, but looking up at him.

"I'm taking you home now. I'll see you tomorrow."

I didn't say anything else after that. I was just relieved that I was actually going home. I could only imagine how word is going to get out about this. "Did you think that this was going to happen to me?" I questioned as we pulled into my driveway.

Denim undid my seatbelt for me as leaned over and opened the door. He looked me in the eyes then quickly planted his lips on mine. "If I wanted to see you hurt Brandy, I would have done it myself. Now get out of my car." He says with a sly smile.

Getting out of the car, I rolled my eyes. "Goodbye Denim." I said closing the door behind me.

I walked into my house feeling the warmth that I longed for. I didn't even notice that my parents were sitting on the couch waiting for me. It was silent. My mother had tears in her eyes and my father could barely look at me.

"I-"

"Brandy please save all the excuses you have. I really don't want to hear it." My mother says standing up. She wipes the tears away from her face with a tissue.

"Mom-"

"Brandy do you not see how you are dressed right now? Look at yourself!" My father shouts. "I thought you were better than this. You were such a good kid Brandy. How did this all happen?"

I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came up. Tears just flowed down my cheeks. "I'm sorry." I sobbed.

"Just go upstairs and clean yourself up. You're leaving." My mom says walking past me heading up the stairs.

"Leaving? What do you mean? What is going on?" I said starting to panic. My chest felt heavy.

"You're staying with grandparents until we can figure out what to do with you and random act of disappearing and lying. You are out of control and this is not normal!" My father shouts again.

It all happened so fast. Before I knew it, I was getting myself upstairs and into a shower. I got some of my stuff packed up before I had leave to my grandparents, who I haven't seen in at least a few years.

The car ride was silent. I can feel the tension between us. Strong to cut it with a knife. "I didn't mean for this to happen." I said. "Just let me explain to you what's going on. Please!" I begged.

"Brandy please just be quiet." My mother says.

The car stopped. "This is really how it's going to be?" I said unbuckling my seat belt.

*The Diamond Manor

*The Diamond Manor. The Diamond Manor belongs to Brandy's grandparents, Gigi and Pops. The Diamond family has been around since 1850s, Diamond & Co, their business had made them worldwide known billionaires. They based their business off of their authentic jewellery, mostly diamonds and fine gold. Both Brandy's parents have taken over the business while Gigi and Pops remain the owners as well as the CEO's. Brandy, the only child is next in line to take over the business and eventually become the future owner.*

No answer. "Bye."

Getting out of car silently, I walked up to front door and rang the door bell. Less than a minute, the door opened. I was greeted by the butler, Mr. French. "Ms. Brandy. Nice to you see again. Your grandparents are waiting for you in the Solar room." He says. Closing the door behind me, he leads down the hall to my grandparents.

"Thanks Mr. French." I said walking into the room. Both my grandparents sat down with a glass wine dressed to the nines. Expensive clothing to go with an expensive lifestyle. I looked at them both and sat down on the couch.

"It's been some time Brandy. It's that you decided to visit us for a while." Gigi says, my grandmother.

I nodded my head. "Of course. I missed you guys." I said.

We sat around for a bit talking. It's obvious that my parents told them what happened, well what happened their perspective. But my grandparents didn't want to say anything to me, at least not yet.

Mr. French lead me up to my room. It stayed the exact same since I was here last over the summer. I got ready for bed throwing on my silk pyjamas that were already laid out on my bed. Turning off the main light, I closed the curtains shutting out the moonlight shining in. I got into bed tossing the one million pillows I had across the bed.

My head hit the pillow and dozed off almost peacefully to the sound of my fireplace crackling.