11

Aaron: You went MIA. what the fuck happened
Me: Long story. meet me in the park?
Aaron: sure. be there in 10

Changing into comfortable clothes, I made my way out to the park. Sitting on the bench waiting for Aaron I started to think that he wasn't going to show at all.

He did seem a little too calm.

I continued to sit on the bench waiting for him and I was about to leave. 

"Brandy!" He calls out.

"Aaron." I smiled to myself as he approached me. "I thought you weren't going to show up. I got a little worried."

He was hesitant to speak. "...I caught up with my parents. Sorry."

"Don't worry about it."

We both sat down and said nothing. It's never like this between us. What happened to us? We can always have a normal conversation or crack a joke. 

"So how's Lexi?" I said trying to bring up the mood.

"Where the fuck did you go the last couple of days? It was you were never around. Brandy...I was so scared for you. I almost went to your parents to see if they knew what was going on." Aaron says burying me with questions.

I want to tell him the truth. I feel like I should. He should know about Denim and about everything since the party. My heart dropped to my stomach. I felt so guilty that I had to keep secrets from my own best friend. 

"Aaron, I'm so sorry-"

"Cut the crap, Brandy. I just want the truth!" He snaps.

Why is he acting like this? He's never gotten mad at me before. I frowned at him. 

"I want to tell you the truth, Aaron. I really, really do. But I don't think I can. You wouldn't understand. I don't even understand it right now!" I said trying to reason with him.

"...Brandy...I'm your best friend. We've told each other everything since day one. What's so different now? I'm pretty sure I can handle whatever is bothering you. I'm here for you, Babes."

I nod my head. "I know you are, Aaron. I know you mean well." I tell him as I place my hand on his face gently rubbing his cheek with my thumb. "But I really can't tell you right now."

And that was all it took for him to blow up at me. Aaron pushed me away, shaking his head at me. "You know what Brandy, I don't like this new you. You go M.I.A for a couple of days and then try to act like it's nothing." He snaps slightly raising his voice. "When you're ready to tell what the fuck is up and stop lying to me...maybe we can talk. Till then don't talk to me, don't look at me, I don't even want my name coming out of your mouth!" Aaron exclaims.

"Aaron...please. I'm sorry." I trembled.

I was shaking with fear. Did I really just lose him as a friend? Aaron turns away from and walks in the opposite direction. I wanted him to turn back and come back to me, but instead, he kept on walking. So, I ran after him trying to catch up to him.

"Aaron! Wait!" I shouted. I ran as fast as I possibly could, although it wasn't very fast. "Let Me Explain!"

As soon as I caught up, he whipped around and just glared at me. I could see the anger and the hate in his eyes. 

"I'm sorry." I cried softly.

Tears just rolled down my face.

"Stay Away From Me!" He yells.

I stopped chasing after him. After he yelled at me, I could see that tears starting to build up in his eyes. Once again, Aaron turns and walks away from without another word.

"But I'm sorry," I whispered to myself as I started to cry. 

I trudged myself home. I was tired and just wanted to sleep in my own bed. Looking at the time, I realized this would be the time that Aaron and I would FaceTime for however long. But instead, I got a text.

Aaron: delete my number and block me on everything

That hurt even more. I ignored his text and gently placed my phone to charge and let it rest on the table beside my bed. I sat on my bed for what felt like hours staring at my closet.

 I felt empty. Something apart of me just broke off and left. Like a limb. 

The pain is real. It feels like someone took a knife and a ripped a hole in my chest, ripping out my heart. This didn't feel like it was emotional pain, it felt physical. I could do nothing but cry. I sat on my bed all curled up and cried. I cried myself to sleep. When I had woke up, it was the early evening. I believe my parents should be home soon.

I quickly wiped my face and made my way downstairs. Just on cue, my mom walks through the door with my dad, with food in her hands. "Brandy!" She says cheerfully. "Sorry, we haven't been around much. Work is getting very busy. Hope you didn't get into any trouble."

I shook my head. "Everything's okay. I just missed you guys."

I gave both my parents hugs like it was the last time I'll ever see them. Sitting around the living room, we sat comfortably eating Thai food. Mom's favorite. Of course, we had our normal conversation. Asking about each other's day. Discussing problems. When they mentioned Aaron,  I told a lie. They'd be devasted to know the truth. Even if they did know the truth, they'd both ask about the Denim problem. 

"Aaron is doing great. He's happy and charming as always." I had told them.

The smiled. "Happy to hear that, Pumpkin." My dad said as he focused his attention to the TV which was now switched to Soccer. 

I looked over at my mom as she looked at me. We laughed lightly. I want them to be around like this more often. I feel more safe and warm knowing that I have both my parents sitting by my side. I love them more than anything.