46

PoV: Sonic

"Herbal baths are so nice~" I purred in the hot water. I had always hated water, I wonder why I liked baths so much now, "I could stay in here for hours."

I heard the water sway.

"Hm?" I looked behind me all I saw was my tail, "Oh it's just my tail- wait my tail?"

I could see more than the tip when I looked behind me.

"It wasn't this long before, was it?" I got out and looked at myself in Rouge's full body mirror.

My fur was getting longer instead of shedding. It looked like the tips of my quills were getting light too.

"I don't get it. I've been around for centuries, why is this happening now?" I pressed my forehead against the mirror, "even my pupils look narrow."

"Sonic," Rouge came in, "...? What are you doing sweetie?"

"Rouge, do I look different?" I asked as she dried me off with a towel.

"You fur looks longer if that's what you're asking," she pulled out a brush, "You'll need to start brushing it now."

"D-do you think my tail is longer?" I asked.

"I'll admit," she hugged me, "Your body does seem to be changing very suddenly. It's going to be okay. I'll be sure you get everything you need."

She dressed me and I felt warm from the layers over my fur. She picked me up.

"I don't like it," I groaned.

"I know sweetheart. No one likes when their body changes unless they're losing weight after being fat," she picked me up, "Lets go back downstairs and get you food."

"Okay..." I tried not to think about it as she sat me down on the couch.

My teeth felt like they were aching again. I bit my nail, something about biting felt like it helped. I wanted to chew on something but I didn't know what. Rouge gave me the steak to drain. I bite into it, I didn't know why it was suddenly so satisfying to bite. I drained it and laid down on the carpet behind the couch. It felt nice to lay there.

PoV: Shadow

I kept finding Sonic in the most random locations. He would be behind the couch, under the table, under my bed, under my pillows after he turned them into a burrow, and on top of the bookshelf in the corner.

"Sonic, what are you doing up there?" I asked him as he laid over the bookshelf, his tail dangling over the side.

"Nothing," he said.

"Why do you go up there?" I chuckled seeing him sneak into the corner.

"I like it here, it's cold,"he started sniffing around.

"Sonic-?" He was bitting the back corner where no one would see. It was scratched up and splitters were peeling off it, "Sonic sto-"

"Rr..." he growled at me.

"..." Is he teething? I need to get him something for that.

I left quickly to buy him a bone and stuff to chew on. I wouldn't be surprised if the bookshelf fell apart when I got home. I got back and Sonic was outside in a bush. Rouge was watching him and taking notes. His body was changing. His quills were getting lighter at the points, and his tail started moving much more in tone with his emotions. It wagged when he was happy, and dropped anytime he got upset.

"He's changing really suddenly," Rouge said, "I don't know what's going on with him."

"I think we should make a question list, next time that woman comes back we need to figure out what's happening," I said.

"Oh should I wait for the list to be made," she was right behind us.

"Ah!" Rouge fell back and Sonic was staring at us.

"We want to know everything," I said.

"Well I don't know everything. I no goddess. I can tell everything about Sonic's current situation, but you aren't ready for that," she sat down and pulled out a live rat. It was screaming and attempting to scratch her, "Watch."

  Sonic was using the bushes as cover. Stalking the rat like a wild animal. He pounced on it and it screeched. He bit it and looked like he was playing with it after it was hurt. Soon enough he bit into its back and tore off a peace of it's flesh. Sonic drained it, but I didn't expect him to eat a piece of it's flesh.

"He's eating it?" I wrote it down on Rouge's notepad.

"That necklace wasn't Alena's Jewel. It never existed. You could consider it to be, his other half. He is a half breed, and I had removed his second half and sealed it away long ago. But with the time that's passed, he needed it returned. Especially when the vampire in him created exe. This will keep it dormant."

"Why do you know so much about him?" I asked.

"I was a friend of his mother's."

~~~