34

PoV: Sonic

"You ran away last night," Scourge had me on his lap, this wasn't any different than usual, "where'd you go? Did you find a show to bindge watch? What are you sneaking around for?"

"I just need a place to stretching a little," I answered, I did need space... it's not a total lie... I'm still terrible for lying.

"What space? You're too small to take up any room."

"Aa~♡!" He bit my ear, I felt his tongue licking me as the same time.

"Let's take this into the bedroom~ you look too cute today, I can't just leave you alone."

"S-Scourge... isn't it a little early for that?" I asked.

"I can wait until later, or we can a spontaneous moment," he kissed me.

"I was thinking we could go out. I'm sick of being inside. You and Mephiles always disappear for your hunt when the others go to bed, we don't want to wait inside again," I stood up and held his hands, "we could have fun tonight."

"You're too innocent. Alright," he ruffled my quills, "but stay close to me. I don't want you to get lost."

"Of course."

---

"You're going on a hunt?" Shadow asked, "I thought you ate yesterday?"

"I did, but I just can't stay inside anymore. I won't be in danger, I'll just be following Scourge and Mephiles until their full. Then I'll come right back home," I explained, "It's just for fun."

"No, you're not going," he said.

"Huh?" Wait why is he saying no to me?

"It's too risky. I don't want you getting  drained by some vampire," he started walking away.

"Wait but-"

"I don't want you going going out. I can't stand having you hurt again," he rubbed my ear, it felt nice... but I wanted to know why he was suddenly controlling.

"Shadow," I pulled his shirt to keep him here, "... nevermind..."

"Don't worry about this alright," he kissed my check, I thought I felt my heart beating again, "it's only because I want you safe. You can go out in daylight anytime with someone from the house. No one powerful can hurt you in the sun. Okay?"

"Okay, maybe I'll visit Rouge's school again. That was fun," I looked at the time, I guess is a safer bet in the sun.

"Sonic, let me see your choker," Shadow lifted my chin, now I know my heart is beating!

  He lifted it how Scourge always did in our room... it felt more intense somehow. I felt his finger against my neck. I knew my body was going to make noise. I bit my tongue to keep quiet, I didn't want to distract him by making a weird sound.

"The strap is practicly a string now," he said, "does it hurt you at all?"

"N-no... I don't feel a t-thing... I forget I'm wearing it h-half the time," I answered, still biting my tongue.

"The jewel looks like it's smaller too. Has the sun been burning you?"

"No... it's the same," I answered again.

"I wonder why it's shrinking like this," he finally moved his hands away from my neck.

"I don't know, I've felt no different. Nothing hurts."

"I'm going to keep an eye out, just in case."

"Alright..." he left and I was just alone in the hallway.

  I don't get it... why did my heart start beating all of a sudden?

  I leaned back against the window, I didn't know what to really do. I felt someone grabbed me and I panic. Next second I was being held down on the roof.

"Nice pick man, but ain't he scrawny?"

"Are you seriously complaining about food?"

"Yeah, let's just eat."

  I felt them bite into me. They where draining me. They were gentle, but i still didn't like it.

"Should we keep this one? Her blood is just too good."

  I still had energy left to move. I pushed them away, and I slipped. I didn't care that landed in the tree below, they left and I was safe again. The branch snapped and everything went black.

--- Morning ---

  It was cold, the sun the up. I was still in the tree, I started getting up.

"Ahh! Ow! Tst!" A branch was jammed into my stomach, "That's not good..."

  I pulled myself away from it and fell into a pile of snow. No one noticed I was out here...

"There you are," Shadow ran out and grabbed me, "what the hell happened to you?"

"Shadow..." he carried me inside and laid me in the tub.

"How did you get this?" He took my clothes off and placed a cloth over me wound.

"Some vampires grabbed me from the open window... I got away but I fell into the tree," I answered.

"I've been looking for you the past hour, I thought you left with Scourge and Mephiles," he hugged me.

"It's only been an hour?" I asked.

"The house was going nuts looking for you. The salt on the windows must have melted from the snow. I'll set up a new defence system," he finished cleaning me off and wrapped me up in bandages, "Here, until Rouge gets you a fresh change change of clothes."

  He placed his shirt around me. I forgot I'm not wearing anything. He picked me back up and sat me on the couch. I can't believe he saw me undressed.

"Damn it you scared me!" Silver hugged the curtains were drawn, no wonder they weren't hurt by the light, "You're hurt, who drained you!"

"What?!" Scourge looked and my wrist, the bite marks were still there.

"Relax, all of you. Sonic got away before they could take him. Don't stress him out anymore than he is," Shadow placed a blanket around me. Rouge pulled me away from them and held me herself.

"You'll stay with me for now alright," Rouge said, handing me a popsicle, "I don't need some boys hurting you when you're healing."

"Um... Rouge... I'm a boy too," I stated.

"You don't count," she kissed my cheek.

"Why not?"

"You're too cute."

"Thats... great..." I shifted and she pulled me up.

  I'm back with Rouge but... I kinda miss staying with Shadow... Scourge is going to be so mad if he finds out.

~~~