Chapter 5 : Xenon and Arbiter

"mufufufu~"

"....."

[.....]

Aside the noice cause by the tremor, there's nothing but silent.....and that playful laugh.

Few seconds later, the girls name Xenon breaks the silent.

"Oya oya? What's wrong, why both of you so quiet?"

Xenon ask while placing her finger on her chin and tilt her head, a question mark can be see above her head.

Well, even if you ask me, I have lost of word, also I don't know what kind of reaction should I put.

"Oi, that young man over that, it is not good to ignore this fair lady you know? Or, are you shy?"

Xenon approach me and lean forward while wearing a devilish smug on her face.

'to close! I can see your naked body this close!'

I avert my eye to avoid seeing her body. I have no time to describe about her body, I'm not a pervert lolicon godamnit!

And at that moment the tremor suddenly stopped.

"Eh? It stop?"

I let out a sigh of relief, but seriously what caused the tremor in the first place?

"Hmm...so the defense mechanism has been terminated completely."

"Defense mechanism?"

"It's a magic that keep the monster away from the ruin, as well as to mobilize all of my golem to protect this ruin, the tremor back then is a sign for the the system is in a process to be terminated."

Oh, so that's why there are no single monster in this ruin.

Also the golem will stop to operate since the defense mechanism is terminate.

But wait, how does the system terminate? Thanks tremor only happens once I–.

Wait, could this ring be...

"As you might guess, the ring is like a one way switch to turn off the defense mechanism, and you might figure the rest."

Xenon answer my thought while still retaining her smug.

Honestly somehow her face pissed me off, but I guess that really answer my question.

"Well, how long until the monster swarm this area?"

I got curious and ask the question, it will be troublesome to face monster at this rate.

"Well, according to my calculations, they should be arrived at least 10 minutes from now."

Well damn, it takes 15 minutes to travel from the treasure room to the main hall, and even if we managed to escape, the monster would likely intercept us on the way out.

Which means we have to find a way out.

Maybe I should ask Xenon about it.

"Well, I'm sorry but do you know another way out?"

"Way out? Oh, we just have to use the magic formation right there to teleport."

Xenon point her finger to where she came from. Inside, there is a light emit inside, it was a white color magic formation with some formula and stuff written in it.

"A teleport magic formation? Well if that's how it is then let's go."

"Oh before that, can you packed all of my treasure? It's a shame if this many gold and stuff were left out."