Chapter 2 : Encounter and Gamble

"Haaaah..!!"

I unsheathed the uchigatana and cut try to cut the golem just before it's fist about to reach my face in a single motion, cutting it's hand.

I take a deep breath and leap back to make a space between us.

"1 more slash and it will be over."

I sheathed my uchigatana again and preparing for or another quick draw action.

The opponent was coming this way fast while preparing to strike me with it's left fist.

It’s a stone golem, usually they are about level 120-122 with high physical damage.

It was supposed to be weakest opponent in this ruin but still strong for my level but--

"This is surprisingly easy than I thought."

When the golem close in, I unsheathed the uchigatana again and dodge it's fist sideways and quickly cut the golem in a flash.

The head flew off and the body start to crumble.

I sheathed the uchigatana and stare at all the rubles behind me.

It's been 2 week since I left home and I've camp in this ruin since 2 days ago, in don't think I will engage in battle the moment I entered the ruin, it was quite a hard time but I managed to survive somehow.

"But still, aren't they a little bit weak for high level monster?"

When it was still a game the stone golem in this ruin are considered to be stupidly strong as he mow down the protagonist party, they are slow but the damage it deal is no joke, if one not to be careful then it can easily wipe all of the protagonist HP with a single strike. There are only a golem in this ruin, and no kind of other monster so I can't freely use omnyōdō here.

Golem has a high ressistance against sorcery in this world so I shouldn't waste my qi on unnecessary things.

"But this golem in this world are weak, not only that they move faster and there's a lot of them in here...maybe this world follows from the redux version?"

Not just stone golem, almost all of the monster in this ruin are weak comparable to the game, not only that there surprisingly many of them.

In one of the interview, the developer did say that they will adjust the level of the monster in the game, especially Rätselhaft since a single stone golem can even one shot a high level party without breaking a sweat.

There are a lot of complain from the player including me so I guess that's understandable.

"If that was the case then it means I can't rely on my knowledge on some case."

This world setting follows the redux version, which means there are bound to be some changes.

"but still I didn’t feel any sensation of some sort. Now I'm really sure that the game and reality really are different."

Well it doesn't matter anyway, as long as I can hone my skill then that's all the matter for me.

Right now I'm in the throne room, after defeating this horde of...well...golem, I can now move to the treasure room behind the king's throne.

I sat down on the floor and grab some dried meat with a flask of water, I have restore my stamina before the boss fight.

"But still....my iaijutsu* are on another level, I just have to increase my speed and I'm all set."