Chapter 12: Help

Dust didn't know what was going on, he could see through his eyes... no not his. But he could see through his body, seeing every action and movement which took course. Why couldn't he stop!? Why wouldn't he stop!

He couldn't move, couldn't shout a warning or try to pull back. Papyrus, his Papyrus was controlling him. He hated it, hated it so much. Usually he had been able to fight back and stop him from taking control. It must have been when he was at his most softest, watching the two Underswap brothers where he had been at his weakest point and Papyrus had taken it as a chance to finally take control. The control of which he had tried to take back during the lost struggle.

The darkness was eating away at his energy and quite possibly his mind which he thought as he watched himself starting to attack, running and running towards Blue and Papyrus who were watching with shocked expressions... The look on Blue's face was what got him. The horror. The true and utter horror.

The look made him himself freeze as well, he hated that look especially on Blue's face. It ached his soul to look at it. Even though he had murdered everyone in his au, Toriel, Alphys, Undyne, Mettaton, Asgore... his own brother. He had slaughtered innocent people just because of a stupid decision he had made with Chara. Stupid!? Utterly reckless being?!

On each of his victims he had seen pain, fear, terror, horror... Seen it so many times... But seeing Blue have it.... Oh god..

~~~~~~

Blue was frozen in place, wide-eyed at what was happening. Papyrus was quick to grab him and pull him out of the way, Dust almost slamming into them. Papyrus winced a little, pushing Blue behind himself as he summoned bones around them protectively. A grin was visible on Dust's face, his body turning towards them as his eyes glowed brighter in the fiery orange. And then there was purple... Purple tears trickling from the corners of his eyes. Pain.

Regret maybe?

But that look, there was almost.. desperation..?

Blue trembled and looked up at Papyrus, "P-Papy! P-Please! D-Don't hurt him... H-He's n-not himself-"

Papyrus nodded, "I know. Just get away, get home and lock yourself in your room. "

Blue flinched in response,"I can't leave yo-"

"NOW."

As quick as he could Blue ran, running away and through Snowdin to the house, not taking any time to smile at the house he had missed so much as he ran in, slamming the door shut. Sprinting up the stairs and into his room, the scent of Papyrus lingered about- he must have been sleeping in here...

He shut the door, locked it, barricaded it desperately, pushing the closet to the door and a desk of drawers to it so it wouldn't be able to open. He then hid under the bed.

~~~~~~

Papyrus was left alone with Dust... well what was controlling him. He looked to him and growled,"what the hell is wrong with you!?"

Dust simply laughed, the tone didn't fit his body at all. His voice hoarse as if he had been screaming for god knows how long.

He made eyes contact with Papyrus, his eyes burning like fire, ready to devour it's prey.

Papyrus's eyes glowed brightly, matching Dust's slightly as he summoned his blasters. They floated by him, gigantic and their mouths smoking like dragons.

Dust chuckled darkly, his eyes darkening. "Bring it on~"

And then the battle began~