Chapter 17: Searching

Blue woke up with a yawn, eyes fluttering open as the light from the window shone in as streaks across his room. He looked around as he laid there, gaxe drifting over every detail of his room.
His room in his home.

Underswap.

The bookshelf standing tall with dust painting the books, the flag with the skeleton head he had found and was now pinned to the wall, the small pictures above his bed.

His real home.

He closed his eyes and squeezed them, thinking he was dreaming and still asleep. Yet when he opened his eyes he was still met with the same sight and he sat up with a gasp for breath.

Finally… after all those days away from Underswap… he was finally home.

A smile grew across his face and his eyes lit up to stars of happiness. Then his thoughts went to Papyrus and he flung himself out of bed, not really caring or noting the fact that he literally flung his blankets across the room while he ran out.

Welp.

It wasn't long until he skidded to a halt in front of Papyrus' door and kicked it down with such might that it made a massive crash when it hit the floor. Papyrus yelped and sat up, wide-eyed.

Blue ran in and hurled himself onto his elder brother who didn't even have enough time to yell.

Papyrus was almost suffocated in the process-

Blue hugged his brother tightly, squeezing him. "PAPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!" Papyrus looked to him and grunted slightly.

" B-Bro… c-can you-"Blue tightened his hug. "-hhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Blue looked up at him, blinking before squeaking and quickly letting him go. "S-Sorry!"

Papyrus inhaled and smiled, "it's fine, "he patted Blue's head whom of which was literally bouncing around on the spot with excitement. Little smol hyper skele.

Papyrus sighed and hugged his little brother as he mumbled quietly, "I missed you so much…"He then chuckled, "I thought I was dreaming when you ran in here."

With a huff, Blue poked Papyrus' nose, "I'm reeeeaaal!" He waved his hands around.

Papyrus laughed and got out of bed, scooping Blue up in his arms before walking out of the room, grabbing his hoodie which was laying on the floor. For once, Blue didn't complain nor care.

He walked downstairs and sat Blue on the couch, patting his head and then walking to the kitchen. Blue sighed and snuggled into the couch. Then realised.

Blue perked up and looked around for him. "Dust...?" He got up and surveyed the room. There was no evidence that he was still there... only dried blood from the day before and one of his knives, discarded on the small table.

A frown grew across his face, "Papy...?"
Papyrus immediately walked back in, "yea?"

Blue looked up over to him, "where is he...? Where's Dust?"
Papyrus looked around, raising a brow. "He was here yesterday when I left him to go to my room... I guess he... left."

The room was quiet for a moment before Blue ran out, pushing the door open and running outside into the snow. He looked around with wide eyes.

But all he was met with was the pine trees, snow and lesser dog walking by.
Dust was no where...

Blue looked around and followed the footprints in the snow.

They lead into the forest however he kept following them, glancing around occasionally until his pace slowed down. The footprints stopped and at the end of them was a portal, still left open.