13. THE SIGHTSEEING TOUR

"Such a beautiful place, isn't it?!" Meera's mother exclaimed upon seeing the Red Fort. It was the Mughal emperors' main residence for over 200 years. It was huge in structure and had a lot of museums as well.

Meera's Dad had selected this as the first spot because it would take the most time to tour. When everyone's mood soured, as the day went by, nobody would enjoy this. It was a smart decision.

"Yes. We must have a group picture here" Arjun's dad replied. He walked over to a man and told him to click their picture.

Everyone arranged themselves for the picture and smiled brightly. The man was smart to click about 6-7 pictures so that everybody could agree on at least one of them.

They roamed around with the rest of the tourists. Lots of Instagram and Snapchat stories were recorded. Meera had decided to make a travel video diary. So she would start shooting the scenic spots and give her own commentary.

Arya, Arjun and Tara made it a point to ruin each and every one of the videos with their 'expert comments'.

Arjun was really getting irritated with the heat. "I just feel like taking my shirt off. I don't think anyone would mind. I'm very secure about my appearance!" he said cockily.

Meera just rolled her eyes in return. "Keep your shirt on for now. You can go crazy in the club as much as you want" she whispered.

"Ahh. Good point ma'am" he said and walked further. After touring the Red Fort and the Qutub Minar, they decided to stop for lunch at Haldiram.

All kinds of chaat (street food), chole bhature, pav bhaji and gulab jamun were ordered. Everyone was so famished after walking so much, that they literally inhaled what was put in their plate.

"I love this pav bhaji so much that I want to marry it!" said Arya, licking her fingers while she ate like a pig. Meera got that on video too. What a valuable addition to my travel journal.

Both the families packed several sweets for the Malhotra family and left for Akshardham. The Akshardham temple has over two hundred murtis, representing many of the spiritual stalwarts over many millennia.

None of the kids were so keen on visiting the place, but it didn't turn out to be the worst experience. The aura in the place was very positive. Everyone was refreshed.

As the sun was setting they stopped for tea and snacks. Meera and Arjun were bickering about whether Jon Snow would survive in Game of thrones Season 8 or not.

"George R. R. Martin promised something bittersweet. So that means Jon will die but the White Walkers will be defeated" said Arjun.

"You know what wait. I'm putting a poll on Instagram about this. Let's see who wins" Meera said, typing 'Will Jon Snow survive Season 8 or not?'

She began shooting a boomerang with her slapping her forehead, getting Arjun in the frame and typed, "Meet the most annoying human in my life!"

As they got into the car, Arjun immediately shared Meera's story as his Insta story with the caption, 'It's when you hear praise like this that you know you are doing something right!'

"Okay that's clearly nonsense, DQ" said Meera, sighing as she watched his story. Arjun merely ignored her and started a conversation with Arya.

Meera's phone buzzed suddenly and she had a message from Sid on her Arjun story.

Sid: Hey. I thought I was the most annoying person in your life!
Is it so easy to dethrone me like that?

Meera: Hey Sid.
Nice to see that you have remembered my existence.