t w e n t y s i x

Start from the beginning

"No." She murmurs. "No please, stop, please. Help!" I hear her whimper before she shifts. I get worried and am thinking about waking her up. But before I can she screams and sits up looking around frantically. I pull over quickly earning a few honks. I pull her in my lap before stroking my hands through her hair.

"It's ok baby, I'm here, it's fine, no one will hurt you, I swear." She whimpers and my heart breaks. We stay like that with me cooing in her ear before she looks up and my eyes meet her teary ones.

"I'm sorry." I shake my head and pull her back in.

"There is no need to be sorry. I love you so much and you are safe with me, remember that." She sniffles and nods. Then she gets up and makes her way back to her seat. I wait and make sure she is buckled then take off again. The rest of the drive is quiet with conversation here and there.

A little bit later we are pulling into my hometown greeted by the welcome sign. I smile and look at her noticing her look around at the town. We make our way towards my moms two story whites house. I pull in the driveway and take in the house. This isn't the one I grew up in, the one I grew up in was smaller but still nice. This one is two stories, three bedrooms. The interior is a white with grey accents. The outside has a garden and a small pond in the back. The front has rose bushes and a walkway leading up to the front door.

"Can I be honest," Rose pipes up and I look at her. "I'm scared." I chuckle before leaning over and kissing her head.

"Don't be." She pouts and looks up at the red door.

I get out and go to her side opening her door for her. She takes my hand and we make the short walk to the front. I knock before entering.

"Mum! We are here." I call out and smell cookies from the kitchen.

"HARRY!" She comes rushing over to me and pulls me in for a bone crushing hug.

"Hi mum." She pulls back and looks up at me, ruffling my hair and pinching my cheeks. I groan and she smiles.

"You have grown into such a handsome young man." She gushes then her eyes catch a nervous Rose behind me. "And you must be Rose!" She pulls her in for a hug and Rose stiffens before laughing a little and wrapping her arms around her. She pulls back after a minute and nudges her elbow into my side.

"Harry you said she was pretty but you never said she was this pretty!" Rose blushes before thanking her.

"Where's Gem?" I question.

"She's at the store getting some ingredients. She should be back soon, she'll be very happy to meet you." She looks over at Rose.

"Harry go get the bags, I want to show Rose around." I nod hesitantly and go to the car. When I come back inside I make my way up the stairs to "my" room. I put the bags down and when I make my way down I hear loud laughs from the kitchen. I walk in and see mum and Rose at the table with a cup of tea laughing about something, it is then that I see a scrapbook in front of them. I groan and roll my eyes before looking at her.

"Mum, already?" She shrugs with a smile and I walk over to Rose and slide into the seat next to her. I put my hand on her thigh and she looks at me and squeezes my hand.

"Yes, already my boy. This is the first time you have brought a girl home!" She continues to show her more photos and we get to the one where I have my mums bra on. I hide my face and they crack up. Soon we hear the front door shut before a familiar voice rings out. Gemma comes into the kitchen and I get up and she runs over to me.