Im here with my husband

Start from the beginning

"That will be like a dream come true Dr. Collins." I said with a small smile just to think of the possibility to hear my dads voice once again made me feel over joyed. "I have to go now, please call me if you see any change in him, I'll do my best to come more often."

After the hospital I went to the mall to shop for an outfit for tonight cocktail party , with the credit card Adam gave me, I'm not very happy using his card or going with him, but after last night I wouldn't dare to go against him, is better to avoid all kind of confrontations with that man.

I picked a mid length black dress with sequins all over, it had a small cut on the right, showing a little bit of my tight. I thought it looked elegant but at the same time modern and sexy because it hugged my curves like if it was made just for me. I paired it with golden heels and golden accessories.

This is the dress Emma picked:

With my hair I decided to go for a messy low bun, keeping some strings of hair in the sides of my face

With my hair I decided to go for a messy low bun, keeping some strings of hair in the sides of my face. My makeup was a smokey eye, which I haven't done in a very long time but still managed to do a great job.

I took a long breath and left my room, silently praying to catch Adam in a good mood tonight.

ADAM'S POV

I was impatiently waiting at the end of the staircase, the nerve of the woman for keeping me waiting. I looked at my watch for the 5th time when a sound coming from upstairs made me look up, and there she was, I'll never admit that she looked gorgeous, it was the perfect combination of sexiness and sophistication. The back on of her dress accentuated her beautiful red hair.

I gulped when she started going down the stairs, she looked nervous, and I could still see fear in her eyes. I was certain that my glare was making her uncomfortable but some strange and powerful force in me wouldn't let me take my eyes off her. She was now right in front of me, working so hard to hide that she was afraid like an unprotected little animal.

"Shall we." Was all I managed to say, indicating towards the door,we walked out and I hated myself for not being able to keep my hands off her back. I touched her and electricity ran all over my body.

EMMA'S POV

When I started my way downstairs and saw Adam at the end of it and my heart skipped a beat, he looked so handsome and so dangerous at the same time. His three piece black suit made him look gorgeous like never before and his hair perfect as always brushed all the way to the back.

I can't forget how afraid he makes me feel some times, cant believe I still like him... What what did I just say? No it can't be. Then I felt how he touched my back and my entire body reacted to it, never mind, I do like him. Emma you have completely gone insane. My inner self spoke, if only I could slap my own face right now.

The driver opened the doors for us and then took his seat to drive us to the event. The car ride was awkward and quiet. Adam will look at me from time to time and then out his window. Just until he spoke to me, it got more awkward if that's even possible.

"Put this on before we get off the car, and make sure to always wear it in public"

He handed me a small velvet box with a ring inside. I looked at it and then at him, for a second questioned to myself why he was giving me a ring, of course 'I was his wife', a wife is expected to wear a ring. I put on the big diamond and then continued looking out my window rolling my eyes and telling myself 'how romantic'.

We arrived at the reception and it was very beautiful, you can see the entire city since it was at a roof top. Lights hanged over our heads and a life band played, it looked chic and relaxed. Servers walked around with trays holding different kids of cocktails and small appetizers.

"Emma, meet my friend Tristan."

"Very nice to finally meet you Emma, please let me know if you ever need me to pull this guy's ears for you."

"Nice meeting you, Tristan." I gave him a faint smile, that was more like a fake smile. If only he would know who his friend truly is, or maybe he knows that's why he's telling me this.

" You're so annoying Tristan." Adam said rolling his eyes.

He then left me alone in a corner, I could see him exchanging small talk with people around the party finding myself bothered by how women looked at him, making any excuse to somehow touch him. I rolled my eyes every time, but my heart broke when I saw him dancing with one of those man-eaters. I wanted to go home so bad.

"What is a beautiful women like you doing here alone? " I voice took me out of my thoughts.

"I'm not alone, I'm here with my husband." I tried to make him go away with the word 'husband' but it was no help.

"Oh... You have a very dum husband, who in his right mind would walk away from you for even a second, come with me, we can have some fun together."

He grabbed me by my waist, I used all my strength to push him away. I was disgusted by the smell of alcohol that came out of his mouth, no doubt he was wasted. I pushed and pushed making no effect in him.

"Leave me alone, you pig."

"Don't play hard to get and kiss me, I know you want." He was now forcing his mouth closer to mine.

I don't know how but next thing I know he was on the floor, touching his nose while blood ran out of it. My eyes grew wide in shock after seeing who had just punched him.

End of this chapter.
Who do you think punched the guy, Adam? Adam's friend Tristan? Jason? Or some random person?

I'm so grateful for those who read my story, it means a lot. You guys motivate me to write more. I will love your feedback too. ❤️