• nekomaru nidai x reader [locker room kiss] •

a note from your lovely author: this story is a request from Snowflakesparklegore, so i hope you enjoy this story ;w; it took me a bit of researched to understand sports injuries and stuff so,,,, yee

warnings; angst, crying, cussing, nothing too bad.

the adrenalin rushing through you was crazy. your eyes were on the players and the ball, taking a quick scoot left you pumped the ball back to the other side of the court. 1. 2. 3. It was coming back to you. You had to get it, you could hear the croud chanting your name, almost as if everything was in slow motion. You sat just slightly, raising back up to hit the ball. The timer went off, but just as it did, you felt a horrible pain in the back of your leg, making you fall to the ground. 'W-what happened?' You asked yourself while you laid on the cold tile of the gym. You could see the fuzzy outlines of other people crouched above you. There was one voice you could pick out from the rest. "Move! The medical unit is on standby, let her breath!" Nekomaru Nidai. Your team manager, your coach, your supporter, your crush, your hope. He was all the things you asked for inside one large, lovable man. You could feel your vision getting darker and darker by the seconds. You could feel yourself being picked up by strong arms, cradled like a baby. You opened your mouth to say something, but you were faced with darkness before anything could escape.

~~ 3 weeks later ~~

Your whole life ended when you realized you had torn your ACL. You see, when tearing your ACL, which is a ligament in the back of your leg, it basically takes up to nine months for it to heal. On top of that, once a player recovered from a torn ACL, they're about 10% worse at sports and stuff due to the weak ligaments. So yea, your life was over.

You see, you were the ultimate volleyball player, the best volleyball player around. Your life held so many surprises that when you found out about your serious injury and the consequences, you threw up with the thought of leaving hope's peak. You weren't sure what was gonna happen next, but at least you had your friends to support you.

You and a few others stood in the hallway during free time. Lazily leaning on your crutches while listening to their conversation, adding a comment or two every once in a while. Your head began to daze off as your weight shifted to one of your crutches, making you fall. The slap of the crutches surprised your friends as they rushed to help you

"Oh goodness, (y/n)! Are you okay??" The ultimate princess, Sonia Nevermind yelped as she crouched to your side putting on a shocked face. she rested one hand on your back while putting another on your hand.

mahiru gasped, watching as you crippled onto the floor. a tight, sudden pain suddenly came from your leg. you winced. "oh honey, shoot uh...! sonia, go get mikan!"

"no!" you yelped. "don't get her, i can.... hgn, i can walk just fine. i can do this myself." you said, getting up while sonia and mahiru helped you. "whatever, i'm just...." you sighed, trying not to let your eyes overflow in front of your friends. "bye." that was all you said before you tried your best to waddle off with your crutches and find a safe place to relax. 

the only place that calmed you down and made you feel safe was the locker rooms. even though most people found it gross and disgusting, the memories and feelings you share with that locker room made you happy. you just sat on the bench for a minute or so until you looked up, struggling to get onto your crutches without falling down again. 

with a heave, you sighed and began wobbling your way to the locker rooms, which was on the first floor. now, lemme just say this. going down stairs with crutches is HARD. this just made you wanna throw these damn things down again, but then you were basically screwed. you hated the life you were living right now. only pain and softness, you couldnt even play pingpong without being in pain.