Chapter 18) Stepping Up

TUESDAY AT THE ARENA: NXT TAPING

Lena's Point of View

I was walking in the arena, when someone told me Stephanie wanted to see me. When I walked in the office, she told me, she wanted me to lose to Paige.

"What why?" I asked pissed.

I just won my title, I wasn't ready to lose it.

"Because you're one hell of a competitor Lena, and we want you to join the RAW roster full time. No one has became champion in NXT that quick, and we know having you on RAW, would be better for business. We want you to show us what you can do, and soon, you could be DIva's Champion instead of NXT Women's Champion, what do you say?" She asked.

I thought Paige's contract was up, but I didn't care, I happily agreed. I asked her not to tell anyone, and walked to where Roman and I's dressing room was. Since the Shield broke up, they gave us a room by ourselves. I took a breath, and walked in, to see Roman standing up from the couch.

"What did she want?" He asked, walking towards me.

I didn't want to tell him the whole thing, but I knew if I didn't, he would wonder why I was planning on losing to the girl, that had her hands on him.

"I have to let Paige win the title back," I said smiling.

"The hell you do, you worked your ass off to get it, you're not losing it that quick. Why the fuck would they want you to do that? I need to go talk to someone," he said, walking towards the door.

I stood in front of it, so he couldn't leave.

"No you don't, I want to lose it," I said smiling.

"Why? I thought you wanted to get your hands on Paige, and beat her senseless?" He asked confused.

"Come sit with me, and I will tell you everything," I said, grabbing his hand.

We walked over, he sat on the couch, and I sat on his lap.

"Alright, I walked in, she told me she wanted me to lose, and that I will no longer be a NXT girl," I said, and he tried to lift me off him, but I kept my hands around his neck.

"Let me go Lena, I need to do something. You worked to hard to let them fire you," he said, as I started laughing.

"Fire me, nope I'm not getting fired either," I said still smiling.

"Then what the hell is going on?" He asked sternly.

I lifted his face, and looked into his beautiful eyes.

"I'm a WWE Diva," I said quietly, then waited for a reaction.

He stood up off the couch, with me still in his arms. He got a little too excited. He lifted me up higher, and I banged my head, on the ceiling. I slowly slid down his body, until my feet were on the ground.

"I am so sorry babe," he said kissing my head. "I got a little too excited, I am so happy for you," he said, picked me back up, and spun me around.

"All the credit goes to your training babe, thank you," I told him smiling, as he leaned down and kissed me.

A Little Later On:

I was waiting for my match to start, when I seen Paige walk over to the curtain, smiling. I wanted to smack the smirk off her face, but instead I walked over, and tried to be nice.

"I see you found out you get your little title back," I said smiling.

"Yes, I guess they realized who the better champion was," she said laughing. 

"Or, I guess they figured, I was too good to be a NXT girl," I said smirking. "Since, you know, you are looking at the next WWE Diva. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a title to lose, but a better one to look forward to winning. Oh, and Paige, stay the hell away from Roman. Touch him again, and what I did to you at the bar, will be nothing compared, to what I will do to you," I said, as I heard my music start.

I walked out to the ring laughing. I watched Paige walk out, with a little smile as she waved to the audience, not her usual grin from ear to ear. I could tell I got in her head. I tried to think of a way to make it worse, and when the ring announcer rang the bell, I thought of it. I pretended to be scared of her, and laid down. I let her pin me, without one punch being thrown.

After the match, I walked backstage with my head held high. I mean yes, I just basically gave the title to the bitch, that touched what didn't belong to her. But, I knew I had better opportunities waiting for me.

_____________

Two Weeks Later

It was the morning of Payback, and Roman has his championship match tonight. I figured he would want to get to the arena early, but told me we were going somewhere to eat first.

"Where are we going?" I asked him, while we leaving the hotel.

"It's a surprise," he said smiling.

It was really no surprise to me. He has been taking me places out to eat, before every show, and wouldn't tell me where we were going. As he drove, I seen where we were going. He had a table set up on the beach, with a picnic basket on it.

"Babe, this is beautiful," I said, walking to the table.

"I know it is, but not as beautiful as you," he said, as he held out a chair for me to sit down.

He was acting strange, but I just figured it was because of his match tonight. I thought we should be there already, instead of having a picnic on beach. I thought I'd say something about it, but I didn't want to get him worked up, and not be focused on tonight, so I let it go. We ate, and right before we were ready to go, Roman got up, and walked over to me smiling.

"Dance with me," he said smiling.

"I thought you don't dance?" I questioned.

"Well, at a club, and dancing to club music, no I don't. But, slow dancing, to no music, with the only girl I love, that's different," he said, looking down at me.

I smiled as he took my hand, pulled me up, and brought me into his arms. I put mine around his neck, which wasn't easy. After a few minutes, he motioned to look up in the sky. When I did, I noticed a helicopter, and seen it carrying a banner. After it got closer, I seen what the banner said.

"Babe, look," I said, and turned back to look at him.

"Lena..........

A/N: Another Cliffhanger.......... LOL!! Sorry, I love them hehe!! Anyway, what do you think the banner says?? Comment your thought's below!!