Chapter 23) Double Trouble

Roman's Point of View

I was happy Lena forgave me, and let me stay for this appointment. When I heard that heartbeat, my whole life, felt like it just started. I knew, I was going to be a father, but that one little heartbeat, made it seem more real. I couldn't hold back the tears. I slid on the floor, and put my head between my knees, and cried. I knew nothing will ever fill my ears, with more meaning, than that rhythm I just heard. I stayed there, until Lena's voice, that I missed so much, filled my ears.

"Roman, are you okay?" She asked.

I slowly lifted my head, and reveled the tears.

"Come here," she said smiling.

I got up off the floor, and walked over to her. We both had tears coming from our eyes. She took my hand in hers, and smiled up at me. I wasn't so thrilled, she had another man for a doctor, but I let it slide. He asked if she's ever had an ultrasound sound before. She shook her head no, and the look on his face changed. Was there something wrong with my baby?

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Well nothing, but does twins run in either side of the family?" He asked.

While, Lena shook her head no, she looked up at me.

"Yes, my cousins are twins," I told him.

"I forgot about Jimmy and Jey," Lena mentioned.

Before I can say anything, the doctor broke my thoughts.

"Well, I'm going to send you for an ultrasound, to be sure, but I am getting three, three different heartbeats I mean. I know one is yours Lena, but.....," he said, before Lena looked at him.

"Twins?"She said, looking at him like it was a question.

"I believe so, congratulations," he said smiling.

I looked at Lena, she now was crying more, than ever before. The doctor wiped her stomach off, and sat her up. She didn't look good, and her face was turning white.

"Lena, are you alight?" I asked scared.

She didn't talk, but left out a huge breath, and looked at me.

"Twins," she repeated.

"Yes twins, now let me go, and make that appointment. I'll be right back," the doctor said, walking out the door.

She stood up, looked at me, and smiled.

"Twins," she said again.

"I love you," I told her, trying to see if twins was the only word she knew.

"I love you too," she said smiling, then her face quickly changed.

"Now my Dad's definitely, going to kill me," she said, rubbing her stomach.

I wasn't lying before. I wanted to her to tell her parents, we were already married, so she wouldn't have to be stressed, thinking they were going to be mad at her. It's not good for her, or those babies she's carrying. 

"No he won't, look," I said, then took a breath. "I still got the ring Lena. We could tell them we got married. We can say we were planning on getting the wedding bands, but then found out you were pregnant. We knew we were going to need money for the baby, so we were going to get them after we were settled," I told her.

She looked like she was thinking about it, but changed her mind.

"No, I won't lie to them. I can't do that. They're already going to go through too much, when they find out I am pregnant. I mean, my Mom knows, but she doesn't know it's twins. And, my Dad, he's just going to be blind by it all. I just can't lie to them," she said, and I could see she was scared.

There was only one thing left to say.

"Then let's get married," I told her grinning.

She didn't say anything, just looked away. I took her face in my hands, and looked in her eyes, then spoke from my heart.

"Lena, I'm serious. I am so sorry for what I did, I truly am. If I could take it all back, I would do it in a heartbeat, but, I can't. Lena, I know I hurt you, and letting you walk out that door, was the biggest mistake, I have ever made. Well, that and believing my ex best friend, over you. But, there is one thing that I will never do, that is stop loving you. The day we got together, I told you I loved you, and I meant it, and  not one day went by, that I didn't love you. These last few months, have been the roughest ones, of my life, and that's because you weren't there next to me. I don't want to live without you baby, I love you Lena," I said, then pulled out the ring that I have been carrying in my pocket, for the last three months, and got down on my wobbling knee. "Lena, will you marry me?" I asked her, with pleading eyes.

I never, ever asked a question I didn't know already know the answer for. I mean, she said yes once before, but I have messed up a lot. All I knew at that moment, was that I never wanted to lose her again. I couldn't lose her again. I looked down at her feet dangling from the table, when that word I've been waiting to hear, filled my ears.

"Yes," she whispered.

"Yes," I said, looking back up at her.

"Yes, I will marry you Roman," she said, with tears coming down her light pink cheeks, that she was just now, getting the color back in.

I slipped the ring on her finger, stood up, and picked her up, off the table. I bent down, kissed her stomach, and stood back up. I cupped her face in my hands, wiped the tears from her eyes with my thumbs, leaned down, and kissed her sweet lips. They even tasted better than I remembered. After a few minutes, she pulled away.

"God, I missed you," she said, putting her head in my chest.

"I missed you too baby, more than you'll ever know," I said, as the doctor came back.

"Okay, it took a little longer than expected. I wanted to get you in as soon as possible, your appointment is tomorrow morning at nine, the instructions are on the referral. Congratulations again. Now, if there is anything you need before that, you can call me. Other than that, I will see you in two weeks," he said, shook our hands, and walked out.

"I love you," Lena said, once he was gone.

"I love you too, all three of you," I said smiling.

"Twins," she said laughing, and I rolled my eyes.

"Not that again, come on let's get you home," I said, grabbing her hand.

We walked out of the office, hand in hand, and walked outside. She looked around, then looked up at me.

"Wait, where's my car?" She asked, after noticing her car wasn't there.

"Your Mom came and got it," I told her laughing, but she didn't find it funny.

"When?" She asked confused.

"Well, I messaged her, right after I seen you pull in. I told her to come and get it, that I wanted to take you home," I told her smirking.

"You planned that I would forgive you?" She asked grinning.

"Well no, she stayed on the corner, until I told her we were talking. She said good luck, then she drove home. She also told me not to give up, until you forgave me," I said smiling.

"You're both sneaky bastards," she said laughing.

"I know, but you love me," I said, laughing with her.

"Never stopped baby," she said smiling, and got in the car.

"I know baby, either did I," I replied, as I shut her door.

I walked over, opened my door, and slowly slid in me seat. I started the car, leaned over, pecked her lips, then pulled out of the lot. Not even a minute later, she asked me the question, I was dreading. I was kind of hoping, she would forget.

"Wait, today is Monday, why are you here, and not at work?" She asked.....

A/N: Awww, they worked everything out, but why was Roman there, and not at RAW?? Comment your thoughts on this Chapter below.....