City of Heroes Part 2

Start from the beginning

"I hope that's not the case," Tommy said. "They made a pretty good team." He looked at Felicity. "Have you heard from either one of them?"

"The Mask has kept in contact with me," she said. Her eyes slowly looked at Oliver. "We're just waiting for the other one to show up."

I wanted to roll my eyes so bad. "Well, I think the Mask is better off."

Like, seriously. Oliver's been gone and I've been taking the guys who helped my dad. I've even helped kill a few drug dealers. I've been doing nothing but kill people the past few weeks, that's how mad and frustrated I've been. Tommy's solution was for me to go out and get laid. I don't care if he was joking about it, but I kicked his ass the next day for that comment.

Felicity was getting irritated. No, she was pissed. She grabbed me and Tommy before dragging us towards Oliver and Diggle. Once we were out of the police hearing and out of sight, she let out this frustrated groan.

"You could have stopped those guys," she scolded Oliver.

Oliver was done with this conversation already. "Not without giving Isabel Rochev and the Hoods a pretty good idea of what I'm capable of."

"Like that's ever stopped you before?" I snapped. "And if you were so worried about the Hood, then you could have called me."

"I thought you weren't talking to me," Oliver retorted.

"I'm not, this is strictly business. Which you don't seem to care about?" Since he's been back, Oliver hasn't hooded up.

Tommy tried to be the peacemaker. "Hey, hey. Look, we're all ok. No one's hurt. Let's take that for a win." He pulled me closer to him knowing I'm like two seconds from kicking Oliver's ass. "Just in case," he explained.

Diggle sighed. "I think what the girls are wondering is whether you avoided taking those hoods on. And, Oliver, they're not the only ones wondering," he said. See, everyone is starting to notice it.

"I told you, I did not come back to Starling City to be the Vigilante," Oliver argued.

"No, you came to be the wuss you use to be," I fired back as I crossed my arms. "They came after you, Oliver. You could have easily taken them out. "

"No, I couldn't, Ashley." He looked at Felicity, Tommy, and Diggle. "Look, there's a part of being the Hood that neither one of you are considering."

That's when Felicity had enough. "And excuse me for saying this, but so what? Since when do you care? The only one who protecting this city is Ashely and she's been dropping bodies left and right. If you didn't want to Hood up, then you could have called her. But you let your stubbornness get in the way. You guys never cared about the body count, so why is this any different?"

"Since I called you guys a murderer, isn't it?" Tommy whispered.

Oliver nodded. "You were right. And because of what we do, you could have died."

"Oliver that was in the past. I was shocked. I just found out that my best friend and my sister were running around the city and risking their lives after being on an island for five years. That's all you guys have been doing. You've been fighting to survive.

"I know I've called you guys murderers but you're not. You are a hero. You beat the island, you beat my father. So, you need to fight back."

"I can't," Oliver snapped. "Because when I put on the hood, it's kill or be killed. That's what kept us alive. That's why I should have stayed on the island." Then Oliver pushed past us. "And since none of you are going to help me save my family's company, I'm going to talk to somebody who will."