fallingforyou

• Dedicated to Matty Healy

~Hey, I've been having a hard time getting inspirsed so I havent really written anything for a while. But here goes nothing. Hope its not too sucky. Tell me what you think. (By the way!! I edited the rest of my story and made is longer in some parts and stuff like that so if you can or want to or whatever you should go read it from the beginning again! :) Thanks.)~

Summer by Calvin Harris is blasting from the speakers. A drunken Jen and an even more drunk Josh are singing along to the song while Elijah occasionally laughs at their vocal skills. After a couple more minutes of loud singing Jen yells, "20 Questions time!" I groan while Elijah smirks. He turns the radio down so I can finally hear myself think.

"Do we have to?" I reply. "Yes! Of course we have to!" Jen shrieks. I sigh and she sticks her tongue out at me. "So Elijah..." She starts smiling to herself like she has the greatest idea in the world. "What is the farthest you've ever gone with a girl?" I raise my eyebrows. Elijah side-glances at me. "Uhm... All the way." It comes out more as a question then a confident answer. Like he is embarrassed to admit it. Why is he embarrass to admit it? Any guy would be throwing it in everyone's faces.

"Wooohooo!" Jen shouts. "We got an expert up in here!" Josh laughs and says, "Oh honey I can show you a good show... Wait did that even make sense?" I laugh at that. Once again Jen speaks up. "How old were you?" Elijah looks a little troubled. He clears his throat. "Fourteen." My eyes widen. Fourteen?? Thats young. I side-glance at him and his expression is pained.

Elijah looks at me with an evil grin on his face. "What about you, kitten?" My eyes widen and my heart begins to beat faster. Damn it. "Uhm.... Uhh..." I panic. "Upper body fondling." I nod. Yeah, that was it right? Elijah just look at me. Doesn't say anything or do anything. I feel a little disappointed. Why would he? We have only just met.

This is weird. I'm in a car with some guy I just met and my friends are drunk. And I'm drunk. Wait am I drunk? I don't know. I turn to look at Jen who is being awfully quiet and see that Josh is rubbing her thigh absentmindedly. That's why she is being so quiet.

I clear my throat. "So... Tell me a bit about you family?" I ask. He clears his throat now. "My parents died in a car accident a while back so I live with my aunt and five brothers." I gape at him. "Theres six of you guys and your aunt is taking care of you all?" I gasp. "Poor aunt. Are you brothers much like you too?" He laughs lightly. "We are a handful... But we're good for her. We are. Shes only eight years older then me..."

"Your aunt is twenty six? When did she start taking care for you all?" I ask him, suprised. "When she was eighteen." He shakes his head with a smile on his face. "It was so hard for us all but we got through it. Now she works, I work, and two of my brothers work. It's easier now. We all chip in and pay the bills." He explains. He's had a hard life. "How old were you all when she took you in then?" My voice is filled with wonder, I'm sure.

"I was 12 and my brothers were 14, 8, 6, 3, and 18 months. I helped take care of the baby and the 3 year old mostly. She had a boyfriend that helped take care of us and two roommates as well. It was a pretty exciting and crazy life growing up in that house." He laughs and shakes his head.

"Wow. That seems... really fun actually. Hard... But really fun." I say, glancing over at him now. "It was." He admits. "It really was. We did some pretty crazy stuff." He laughs and scratches the back of his neck.

"Tell me about your aunt." I tell him. Worry flashes across his face but just for a moment. "She's beautiful." He tells me. "She's strong and supportive. Smart and witty... I love her. My three youngest brothers call her mom because she's the only mom they've ever known. But Isaiah, Levi and I call her Auntie Davis or just Davis." He tells me, shrugging.

"I'd ask you about your family, but we're here." He tells me, sadly. I nod. "I want to know more about you guys too. Your family seems great." I smile softly. "Thank you." He says so quietly I almost don't catch it. "They are." He's looking at me and I don't know what to do so before I can think I softly kiss him on the cheek and let my lips linger just a second too long. When I pull away I see he's smiling. "Can we just... Sit for a bit? Before I have to pull Jen and Josh into the house?" He nods and leans back in his seat.

I switch the song to fallingforyou by THE 1975 and turn it up a bit. I lean my head back and listen to the steady beat of Elijah's fingers drumming against the steering wheel. I would love to meet his family some day.

I turn to see why the two in the back were still being so quiet and discover they are sleeping. I smile and lay back with my eyes closed. The song gets to the chorus and Matty Healy begins singing, "I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you." And I hear Elijah quietly hum along. I turn my head to look at him and smile. He notices me smiling and asks me why. "Do you know them?" I ask quietly, the music softly playing in the background. "Yeah, I like them a lot." He murmurs something else that I didn't quite catch. "What'd ya say?" I asked him. He just shakes his head. I frown at him. "Don't give me that look, kitten." I made a quiet nose and look back at the road. Slowly closing my eyes, letting Matty Healy's voice take me away.

(( I'm sorry for such a short chapter.😁 I'll write better ones soon. Just don't forget about me and leave me behind. Its really short. Im sorry. Bear with me. Ill write a better one soon. I just didnt want to car ride to be dragged along. ))