Fancy Places

I really just can't believe that he would takes us here. On a first date. With four people. He doesn't even know me! Why would he do this for one little first date? Okay, okay. Got to calm down.

There was beautiful and very expensive looking chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. The walls have an old fashioned wallpaper on them. There is a bar on one side and tables on the other side. The floor is a velvety looking red carpet. Everything just looks absolutely stunning.

"Rhyan?" I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn around. It's Josh. Moments like these I am so glad to have a brother like Josh. "Yes?" I respond. "Well... We all started walking to our table and you just stood here looking kind of stupid so I decided to come to your rescue." He states, smirking at me. I playfully slap his arm and begin walking toward an annoyed looking Elijah and an awestruck looking Jen.

Elijah sees me walking toward them and smirks. He pulls out a chair for me at the table, as does Josh to Jen. I sit and thank Elijah with a small smile. He pulls my hair to one shoulder and whispers in my ear, "Enjoy it, Kitten." Then he pushes my chair in and sits himself down beside me. Jen and Josh are at one side of the table while Elijah and I are at the other side.

We are sitting in awkward silence for quite a bit, Elijah on his damn phone and Josh and Jen whispering. I can totally hear their whole conversation too. Can they be any louder? "Do you think Elijah is just using her?" And, "He's probably a psychopathic serial killer." Seriously guys? Finally a waiter comes and asks us for drinks. He's young. Probably about 20 or so and good looking too. Not that I'm checking him out or anything.

"Thank you for dining at The 1927 Lobby Lounge. The names Justin and I will be your server today." He's smiling at me. Why me? Why not Jen? What? I blush and look away. Elijah clears his throat and says, "Yeah, Um how about your finest champagne?" I look at him, a confused expression on my face as if to say, "Hey, um sorry but I'm not 19 yet." Justin raises his eyebrow and asks for Elijah's ID. Elijah just smirks, takes out his wallet and hands him something. Justin the Waiter frowns at Elijah's ID and then finally hands it back. He walks away.

"What the heck? What was that?" I ask Elijah. He smirks and responds by saying, "Don't worry about it." Don't worry about it my arse! Then a thought pops up in my brain. "It's a fake ID, isn't it?" He looks at me but doesn't respond. Just then Justin the Waiter returns with the champagne. He takes each glass and pours Charles Heidsieck champagne into them. My glass is the very last he pours. "Fine champagne for the finest lady in the house." He says as he pours the champagne. When he's finished he slips a piece of paper under my glass. Elijah is the only one that notices. He's staring daggers at Justin the Waiter. Justin the Waiter asks for our orders. Crap. I haven't even looked at my menu and by the looks of it I don't think Jen and Josh have either. Elijah seems like he knows what he's doing though because he angrily orders four different fancy sounding dishes that I can't pronounce.

When Justin the Waiter leaves I slip the paper out from under my glass and read it under the table. It reads, "I think you look stunning." and his number at the bottom.

Just then Elijah abruptly gets up and excuses himself to go to the little mens room. Jen and Josh look up at him with a bemused expression on their faces. "What did the note say, Rhyan?" Jen asks me. I guess they saw me read it? "Uhm... Nothing. Nothing really... He just gave me his number." Jen gasps. "That is horrible! While your on a date with another guy!" She announces. The people at the table next to us give her looks.

Elijah returns and sits down with a smug grin on his face. He's definitely up to something but I don't really care at the moment. Our food comes but this time it wasn't Justin the Waiter that brought it up. It was someone named "Fernando". Oh well... Maybe he's on break?

My phone rings. It plays So far (It's Alright) by THE 1975 loudly. Oops. It was my mom. I answer it quickly and whisper into it. "Hey Mom." I respond. "Where are you sweetie?" She replies. "Me and Josh went out with Jen and some other guy." I hear her laugh. "Oh okay just be safe and don't come home so late." She tells me. "Okay! Bye Mom." I hang up quickly and turn to my food. Elijah ordered me some sort of steak dish. "Who was that?" Josh asks. "Mom." I tell him. After a moment of eating in silence, Elijah speaks up. "So tell me about you're interests, hobbies, passions, weird fetishes, etcetera." I laugh. "Weird fetishes?" I reply. We're all at least a little tipsy by now so I mean, why not play along? "Yeah," he answers, "Like... Oh I dunno, I used to have a Taylor Swift thing a couple years back. That was pretty weird." Jen, Josh, and I stare at him wide eyed then burst out laughing. "Oh shut up, at least I told you. And this is our first date!" We all continue to laugh as we received weird looks from other tables around us. "Okay, okay. My turn." I say between laughs. "I have this weird thing for bones. And hands and feet. It's not as funny as Taylor Swift, though." I say while giggling. "That's a little weird." Elijah jokes with a mouth full of food. I playfully slap him and say, "Oh shut up, pig."

"My turn!" Shouts Jen. "Shhhh! We're in a fancy restaurant. Be civilized." Josh whispers while covering Jen's mouth with his hand. "Owwww!" He shouts. He starts to wave his hand around. Jen has an evil smirk plastered on her face. "She bit me!" He yells. "Oh, be civilized." Jen jokes. Josh shot her a nasty look and whispers, "You little bastard." Under his breath. Jen just keeps on smirking. "Okay, I have a weird thing for... Beards." She says while covering her face with her hands. We all groan in unison. "Seriously Jen?" I respond jokingly.

"I know, I know! It's just that. I love to touch them and to just look them and-" Elijah cuts her off. "Okay, okay! Getting a little weird now!" We all laugh. "Maybe I'll grow a beard just for you, babe." Josh tells Jen. She giggles, I gag. "You guys are bloody disgusting." I tell them.

"Josh?" He looks away from Jen, looking a bit dazed. "Hmm?" He responds. To which I answer, "What about your weird liking??" He looks a bit jittery. "Oh me? I don't really have any." Jen raises an eyebrow at him. "Oh come on. I'm sure you do, you just don't want to tell us." He groans. "Fine. But seriously guys, you promise you won't make fun of me?" Elijah laughs. "Sure, man" He says. Jen and I just nod along. "Okay... Bodies." He exhales as if he was holding his breath for a while. "What? Do you like... Stare at them in your free time?" Jen asks a little nervously. "What! No! I would never! And it's not in any sexual way! I just think every little curve or flaw is just beautiful in its own way!" He explains carefully. "But no I don't stare at them in my free time! It's more like an artistic perspective I guess." Jen relaxes. This weird thing going in between Josh and Jen is starting to scare me. It's just supposed to be a little joke for tonight. We'll see where this goes. Jen and Josh start talking about the latest parties and stuff like that so Elijah asks me what I like to do and things about me. I tell him that I am quite artistic and I love to draw and paint and I also love music, reading is also something I love and do a lot and sports are fun too. He ask me what types of books I read and what sports I play and what music I listen to and all those type of things. I tell him I mostly read romance and fantasy and sometimes horror and that I play volleyball and basketball and I mostly listen to indie and alternative but also some punk, screamo and rock. I like a lot of different music genres.

We then have dessert called creme brûlée and a little more to drink. We probably shouldn't have but we're having fun so why not? It's now 11:00 o'clock and we're all done our food and, seems like 50th, glass of champagne. Wow it's been that long already? Before I get to start asking about him he tells us we should probably go because he wants to get us back at a decent hour. Jen is falling all over the place so Josh has to keep her stable, the thing is he is also kind of unstable, so it's pretty funny to watch. Jen is more lightweight then anyone here so she's off a little more then anyone else. I can walk by myself perfectly fine but Elijah keeps a hand on the small of my back anyways. Elijah didn't drink so he's fine to drive. Josh and Jen stumble into the back and close the door while Elijah safely puts me in the front seat and buckles me in. I'm pretty sure he kissed the top of my head but I don't quite remember.

Elijah asks Josh and Jen if they are buckled in and Josh responds by arguing about it. "What if I don wanna do it, huh?" He slurs. To which Elijah responds, "Well you gotta cause it's the law." And on and on. In the end Jen slaps Josh in the face and buckles it herself. Then buckles hers as well. Good girl. Josh and Jen begin singing "99 bottles of beer on the wall." While I just stare at Elijah. I never realized how beautiful he was until this moment. I know boys aren't supposed to be, but he was. And then we're off.