Florescent Adolescent

"Oh my gosh, Jen! Seriously!" I squeal and jolt up from the bed.

I'm not actually that mad at her but she did just set me up on a date with a guy I don't even know.

"What? Oh, be happy will ya, Rhy? I just set up a date with you and Elijah!" Jen responds.

I look to Josh for help. The desperation on my face was most definitely noticeable. Why am I so worked up about this anyway? Josh sits with a bemused expression.

"He could be a rapist for all I know! He could be a rapist for all YOU know! You haven't even met him yet!" I am panicking. I am going to have an anxiety attack. Oh gosh. Breathe in, breathe out.

"Relax, Rhy!" She puts a warm hand on my shoulder. "I'll be coming with you." She looks at Josh with a smug look on her face. "With Joshie as my date."

Josh gets up from the bed and wraps his arms around her waist. "I can't wait, baby." He smirks as Jen giggles.

"AWWHH. GROSS. STOP. THAT'S MY BEST FRIEND." I yell, covering my eyes and fall back on the bed.

As Jen and Elijah continue to flirt and laugh my phone buzzed. I pick it up with out looking and bring it up to my face. Elijah replies. It says, "Can't wait, Kitten. Pick you up at 6:30."

I can picture his smirk through the phone.

I sit up to find Josh and Jen on the ground. Josh is lying with his knees up and Jen's head is on his stomach. He is twirling her hair absent-mindedly.

They always do this kind of thing but lately I feel like there was more to it then there was before.

I continue to watch them with my head tilted and a bemused expression creeping onto my face. No... It couldn't be... Or was it? I shake my head and reply to Elijah.

"Fancy or casual?" I respond.

He texts back literally 5 seconds later. "How about fancy? It's our first date after all."

He was totally smirking as he wrote that. I responded by tell him that Jen and Josh were coming too. He says it was fine. He is totally disappointed. I smile to myself.

"Okay!" I say getting up from the bed and looking at the clock. It was 11:30 AM. Dang it! "Elijah's taking us some place fancy." I tell them.

One thing you should know about me: I hate waiting. Like absolutely HATE it. I'm the type of person that's just like "Lets go to a movie!" And every ones like, "When?" To which I respond "RIGHT NOW!"

So at the moment... I am really eager to go. But then again... Aren't romantic dates always at night?

I shake the thought out of my head. Why am I thinking about this? I just met the guy! He probably just asked me out because he's bored and had nothing else to do. Jeez!

Jen and Josh are still sprawled on the floor. They totally ignored me! I feel so..... Ignored!

"Guys! Did you hear what I said?" They both look at me lazily.

"Yes... We just chose to ignore it." Josh replies with a grin.

I get up and walk to the pile of clothes that Jen threw on the ground. But not before kicking Josh.

"Oww!" He responds to my kick.

"Oh shut up, Josh. That was so light." I scowl and began to look through the clothes.

Jen gets up and helps me look through the clothes she picked. I'm thinking about California and how it's going to be hot and how my family's not going to come and how I'm going to miss Jen so much and even Joshie. Then I think, "Hey... Why can't they come with me?" I turn to Jen and ask her what I had just though.