Fun, Fun, Fun

There's... a vibrating... on my... face...

WHAT?

I jolt up on my bed and check to see what it was. I feel around with my hands until I touch something. I pick it up.

Oh, it was just my phone. I am quite the smart human being.

Who's calling me at this ungodly hour? It's 9:00 AM.

Still mostly asleep I lift my phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"RHYAN EMMETT HUNTER!"

There are only a few people who call me by my full name when they're angry. Right now, I can only think of one of them who would be mad at me. Yes... It was Jen.

"YOU LEFT THE PARTY WITH ELIJAH PARKER AND YOU DIDN'T CARE TO TELL ME?"

I pull the phone away from my ear. She is yelling loud and I just woke up. I am about to answer when what she just said registered in my brain. I put the phone to my ear again.

"Wait..." I reply, "How do you know Elijah?"

"The real question is how could I not know him? He's been here for the past 3 months and the most attractive guy we've ever had around here!" She squeals.

"I could totally tell he was into you from when he first arrived. He finally made a move. Good for him." She says proudly.

I lay down on my bed again. How come I haven't noticed him before? How come Jen noticed him watching me and never told me! He seems confident... Why didn't he approach me before?

"Are you sure? He was probably just staring at one of the stupid barbies and they just so happened to be behind me or beside me..." It comes out more bitter then I want it to be.

The barbies were three skinny minny blondey booby girly girls that are at every party and every club you can think of. The leader of the cliques name was Arianna Mekle. Then there was clone number one and clone number two. They just so happen to go to my school. At least I'm getting away from them for the whole year. Yay for me.

"Nu-uh girly. He was totally checking you out. I'm coming over right now and we are going to talk about you and him!" I hear some fumbling over the phone.

"There's really nothing to talk about! We just met!" I rapidly reply.

"Well that doesn't stop me from coming over anyways. There must have been something that happened. Plus, you're leaving me here all alone to finish grade twelve off by myself! I need some alone time with you!"

She does have a point there. I guess she can come over. The truth is the only reason I don't want her to come is because I am tired and have loads of packing to do. She can help with that though. I mean she is Jennavieve Lily Queen of fashion.

I sigh loud enough that she can tell it's sarcastic. "Fine. But you also have Jamie and Ali, you know."

"Yea, yea but they aren't my best friend."

Jamie and Ali were our other friends. Everyone has their own group. Mine was Jen, Jamie and Ali. Wow... I really am going to miss them.

"You can come on one condition... You have to help me pack." I am taking out my suit cases as we speak.

"OF COURSE, Darling. When have I ever turned down something like that. I'll be there in ten. ILY BABY."

I hand up the phone and laugh at the way she uses texting talk when she actually speaks. She is that type of girl. Everyone loves Jen. She is blonde, but not Arianna blonde, and she has a body that guys love and girls would die for. I'm not jealous though. I love her for who she is, not how she looks. She can get boys to do anything she wants in a heartbeat. Why she is friends with me? The world may never know.