Chapter 18

Arian's eyes never left her mate. She watched as he pounded his pale fists against the black punching bag. His form was perfect, his stance was just as it needed to be, and his strength had grown immensely since the last time she had seen him train. Arian could see the forming muscles on his body; a sight that made her body tingle. She continued to watch as he moved to doing sit-ups and push-ups. The female Alpha was impressed at the small changes she could see in her mate. The few times she witnessed him train, was a rather unbearable sight, but now he was at an average level of training.

Brian pushed his body as his mate sparred with him. He could tell that she was holding back, a lot, but even with withholding herself, she was an even match for him. Brian would throw a punch that his mate would block, then she'd throw one back, and he would block. After a few moments, Arian would land a hit on him, causing him to stumble back, or lose focus for a second. That's when she would land a series of attacks, then step back and allow him recuperate.

"Look for a weakness," Arian said as she landed a kick, "that is how you will beat your target".

Brian regained his stance, his eyes looking over her form, hoping for her weakness to show itself. A knock to the side of his head had him falling to the ground. Arian stood above him, her face unimpressed, "2 laps, go".

Brian picked up his sweating frame, and began to run around the gym; his eyes remaining on his mate. Arian stood in the middle of the gym, her eyes locking with her mate as he continued to run. A smirk appeared on her face as her eyes honed in on the sweat that covered his pale skin. The she wolf enjoyed seeing the handwork on her mate, making the alpha flush in heat.

Her vision grew blurry as the heat grew hotter, her wolf inside raging to be set free, with incoherent growls erupting. Arian's vision was a haze as her mate moved closer to her and caressed her flushed cheeks. It was a never ending battle as the two held each others gaze, no moving hands, no spoken words, only their breathing and intense gazing.

On the other side of the room, Brian was finishing his laps. He bent forward, hands on his knees, as he tried to slow his harsh breathing. The sweat trickled down his face as he tried to stand straight again. An electrifying sting came in contact with his skin, causing him to shiver. Knowing who it was, he stayed still. He felt a gentle caress going up his neck, then his jaw, and finally his lips. He saw the red eyes gleam into his brown, her hands were rough as she pushed him down onto a training mat. His breath grew more shallow as her tongue came out, licking the saltyness of his skin. Brian's face scrunches at the thought of his mate licking at his sweat, but he let her do as she pleased.

Arian's gaze never left Brian as they stood toe-to-toe. Her wolf kept pounding in her mind. Arian couldn't help but feel a discomfort as she looked into Brian's eyes. Her wolf pounding in her head, didn't help the matter. Her eyes were no longer gazing into her mate's, now she was scrutinizing them. Her eyes narrowed as her body went on alert, something is wrong, she thought. It took all her strength, but Arian was able to pull her eyes away from her mates'.

Standing across the room was a dazed Brian. His body was still, as a white clouded over his eyes, the Brian who had been gazing into her eyes had now vanished. Her thoughts were turning as she tried to comprehend the situation at hand, when a subtle sent of rose wafted through her nose. A devious smirk overcame her features as the female alpha found the source of the witchery.

"Isabella..." the name tasting rotten on her tongue.

The blonde-haired witch stepped out from the shadows, "Alpha Arian," her mismatched eyes looking towards the alpha. "Its been a long time, old friend," she smiled as she crossed the room.

Arian's hands turned into fists at her side, "What are you doing here, witch" she spat

"Ah, ah, ah," the witch shook a finger, "is that anyway to speak to a friend. Especially a friend who is going to help your win the war," she twirled a piece of her blonde hair.

A growl escaped the alpha, "I never asked for your help!"

"Perhaps not this time, but as your oldest friend, I thought, why not!" She clapped her hands cheerfully, "Oh, Arian! It can be just like old times. The three musketeers!" She then began to twirl, "I'll have to call Lilian, but you know she is always up to cause some trouble!"

The she wolf gripped the witch's arm, "Leave," she commanded

"You're such a grump," the witch pouted. "Fine, I'll leave" she turned towards the door, then stopped, "but...I will leave you with a parting gift". A small paper appeared in Arian's hand, "good luck with the war," she turned to look at Arian, "ta ta, old friend". The witch then disappeared into thin air.

Arian's eyes look down at the piece of paper, it read: Shout my name and I will be there, but because of your very rude attitude, you will owe me a favor if you call. Ta ta, love Isabella Maek.

She crumpled the paper in her hand, then moved to her mate. She knew he would come out of the haze in a few seconds. His body will drop, and it will be as if he had been dreaming. Arian stood watching her mate, wondering what could he possibly be imagining. The haze Isabella puts you in is one that is almost inescapable. She picks into your mind, and pulls out what you hold dear. She lets your mind play whatever scene it wishes, so long as it is a good one. Thankfully, Arian had learned how to escape the haze. After being put into it several times, it would be embarrassing if she couldn't.

Evening soon came as Brian and Arian sat under a tree, watching the sun go down. Earlier when Brian had woke from his 'nap', Arian had told him of how he fainted at the end of their training session, that she had pushed him too far. She told of how she brought him to the room so he could rest. Brian's cheeks grew red as he remembered his dream, it had felt so real. However, it made sense to him. He could never push Arian down and have his way with her, he wasn't so brave.

Now the pair sat outside, with Arian siting against a tree and Brian lying with his head on her lap. She ran her fingers through his chocolate curls as they enjoyed the outdoors.

The pair were stuck in their own bubble, uncaring of the hundreds of eyes that watched them. Brian closed his eyes with a sigh as the soft breeze ran along his skin. Lying under a tree for shade, and his mate stroking his hair, Brian could not complain. He still wondered how he got so lucky.

He turned his head slightly, now facing the Alpha's stomach. His eyes fluttered open as he blew on her midriff. The action startled the Alpha. Her eyes looked down and found a smiling mate. She was surprised at his playful behavior, but kept quiet and savored it. He continued to blow on her stomach causing a strangled giggle to escape her mouth.

All surrounding wolves held their eyes wide open in shock. Had their alpha just...giggled? She felt her cheeks heat up at the realization. She had tried to keep the laughter in, but it slipped out. Her eyes then scanned the area as a new feeling bubbled within her chest; embarrassment. A warning growl left her lips, making wolves all turn from her and back to their own business. She huffed as her eyes then moved down to her mate. Brian laughed as his mates eyes met his. He let his laughter flow freely from his mouth at the scene that had occurred. He could tell that Arian had never laughed in front of her pack, nor had she even smiled. Smirks and stone face, were all Arian showed to others.

Arian's nose crinkled as her eyebrows scrunched together, was he making fun of me?! She thought. She stood up abruptly, leaving Brian's head to hit the grass, then moved towards the pack house.

Brian couldn't believe it. Was his mate really upset over a silly thing?

Arian sat with a scowl in her office. How dare they mock me! She screamed internally.

And how did they mock you? Her wolf popped up

Did you not see them! Their eyes, and his laugh! I should punish them all for their disrespect! Arian responded back

Her wolf let out a huff, there is no point in trying to reason with you. You, my other half, have no humor.

Arian's eyes widened at the accusation, I have no humor?! She blew out a breath, what would you know anyways. Mutt.

The female alpha pushed her wolf to the back of her mind then began on the large stack of paperwork.