33 | hospital seat ownership

Começar do início

"shut up," johnny told him, throwing the younger boy a look, "you make me sound super fat."

"that's 'cause you are," mark yawned, and johnny pretended to go and hit him.

"anyway," ten interrupted, perching on the edge of the seat next to doyoung's, "are you sure you don't want something? we can go and get food and then come back-"

"no," doyoung blurted, fingers curling around the seat of his plastic chair, "i mean, no... i'm fine, really. i'll just stay here."

ten looked up at johnny for some kind of support, but he was busy having a silent eyebrow argument with mark, making weird facial expressions while the younger tried not to laugh. ten sighed.

"well," he went on hesitantly, turning back to doyoung, "have they told you anything? how is jaehyun?"

"he has a fractured arm," doyoung replied quickly, "and a mild concussion. but they told me he'll be fine."

"is he sleeping now?" ten stood up and wandered over to the window in the hospital room door, peering in through the glass. doyoung didn't need to answer his question, because ten could see the answer.

"aw, are you too short to see in, phonny-hyung?" mark joked.

"ha ha," ten drawled, "i can see fine, actually, markie. you know what? it's probably better if we come and visit in the morning. come on, i'll drive you home."

"what?" mark complained, but it was shortly followed by a wide yawn, which only proved ten's point further.

"don't argue with me, markie," ten said, hand automatically reaching to curl itself around mark's arm, "we should leave jaehyun to sleep, and you should get some sleep too."

mark tried to shrug him off, taking on a pout and a frustrated expression. "you can't tell me what to do all the time," he muttered under his breath.

ten ignored that. "are you staying?" he asked johnny, already having given up on his mission to try and get doyoung to eat something.

"yeah," johnny replied, taking the seat next to doyoung, "i... i should be there when he wakes up again... to apologise."

doyoung's ears pricked up at the word apologise but he found himself frowning, and squirming away from the large presence of the taller boy's closr proximity as he sat down. johnny took up a lot of space - not only in the plastic orange hospital chair, but in doyoung's mind. he couldn't stop picturing the night of jaehyun's halloween party: johnny straddling jaehyun's lap and kissing him hard.

"okay," ten nodded, "can you please make sure doyoung eats something, though? and doyoung, don't let johnny eat anything else or he'll burst."

"that's unfair," johnny whined.

"fat," mark mouthed with a smirk.

"he's bullying me!" johnny exclaimed, pointing at mark in accusation, but ten hadn't seen any of this so his argument was left invalid. mark smiled smugly.

"come on then, markie, let's go," said ten, rolling his eyes at johnny's antics. he started to lead the way out, clinging to the freshman's arm.

"stop treating me like a baby," mark's voice could be heard down the corridor, whining in dissatisfaction again as they walked away.

"why should i? you are a baby," ten's voice quipped in response.

"am not!"

"are too."

"you say that like i couldn't possibly take care of y- ow!"

"it's a pull door, markie."

"i knew that."