“Thanks guys, for looking after her last night,” I smiled at them.

“No problem Zayn,” They both nodded at me.

“We better get ready,” Louis stretched as he stood up, “Got a busy day of living the dream to look forward to.”

“Alright Lou,” Harry and I laughed. I then walked back to my apartment, whilst the boys’ got changed out of their pyjamas, or lack of pyjamas in Harry’s case.

“Zayn, I’m going out soon, and I won’t be back until about six o’clock,” Lia shouted from the bedroom as she heard me walk in the apartment.

“Why?” I asked her- not that I minded; she was a free woman, to do as she pleased, but I was a little curious.

“I got a job yesterday,” She called back.

“Really? Great,” I smiled, knowing she was pleased with herself.

“Yeah, it’s not as good as yours though, but I like it,” She smiled walking out of the bedroom, and I handed her a mug of coffee, “I work in the café, near my old flat.”

“You mean the one that we saw each other in?” I asked.

“Yeah, that one,” She smiled as she took a sip of her coffee.

“Nice,” I smiled, “Well, I’m heading to work soon too, you’ve got a key haven’t you?”

“Yes,” She nodded.

“I don’t know what time we’ll be back, because we’ve got a concert tonight,” I explained.

“It’s okay, I’ll be fine on my own,” She shrugged and I nodded.

“If you need anything, you’ve got my number,” I smiled and kissed her forehead.

“I know, I know,” She laughed and wrapped her arms around my waist, after placing her mug of coffee down. She looked up at me and smiled, I smiled back at her, my eyes flickering to her lips. I couldn’t stop myself, I just leant down and kissed her. She froze for a few seconds  and I thought she was going to kiss me back, but she placed her hands lightly on my chest and pushed me back.

“Zayn,” She sighed.

“I’m sorry Lia… I just got carried away,” I blushed. Even though my chest ached and it felt as though someone had just plunged a knife into my stomach. I felt sick.

“No, no, Zayn… I like you, I mean, I really like you, and don’t get me wrong, you’re a great kisser and I wanted to kiss you back… but after Dylan… I’m just not ready yet Zayn; and if you’re not willing to wait, I understand,” She looked as though she were about to cry.

“I’ll wait for as long as I have to Lia,” I pulled her into a hug.

She liked me. She really liked me!

“Zayn, you are the most incredible, amazing, caring guy I know,” She smiled up at me.

“You missed out ‘best kisser’?” I added cheekily.

“Shut up,” She slapped my arm lightly.

“Hey, you’re the one that said I was a great kisser!” I laughed as she blushed.

“Just because I said ‘great’ doesn’t mean you’re the best!” She smirked as she saw my smirk drop.

“W-What? I’m not the best kisser?” I held my heart.

“Aw, don’t worry Zayn, your secrets safe with me,” She giggled and kissed my cheek before hurrying out the door.

Lia likes me. All I have to do is prove to her I’m not like Dylan. But how do I do that…? I think I need the boys help.