Part Twenty-One

Part Twenty-One

Lia’s POV

I had managed to avoid Zayn for five days (it was now Thursday) - which believe me was very hard. I had to wake up early, before he did, then I’d be at work all day, go for a walk and basically just waste time before coming back late, taking a shower and going straight to bed. Not talking to Zayn at all.

I felt bad, and I really didn’t want to avoid him, but I also really didn’t want to have the conversation with him. The downside to avoiding Zayn, other than the obvious, is that I also haven’t seen the other boys’ during the week either. Maybe Zayn will forget soon…

Yeah right. It’s Zayn we’re talking about.

It was my day off, but I’m going to go out all day and continue avoiding Zayn. I sighed and rolled out of bed at six o’clock, as usual.

“No,” Zayn mumbled and grabbed my wrist.

“Zayn, let go,” I muttered and turned to look at him.

His eyes were closed, and he looked asleep… was he sleep talking.

“Lia don’t leave me,” He mumbled in the same tone and pulled me closer to him, so I was lying down next to him.

“Zayn, are you sleep-talking?” I asked quietly and poked his cheek. Nothing, he didn’t even stir; so I poked his cheek again; but still- nothing. I sighed and twisted so I was more comfortable, and Zayn wrapped his arms around my waist, securely. I couldn’t move.

“When you wake up, I’m going to kill you,” I glared at Zayn’s sleeping figure. I rested my head on Zayn’s bare chest and closed my eyes. I liked this feeling. It was nice; being in Zayn’s arms, I mean. I just wish Zayn loved me back.

“Well, I guess since you’re asleep, and won’t remember any of this when you wake up, I might as well talk,” I sighed, keeping my eyes closed.

“I guess you remember me telling you I love you, before I blacked out, I mean. The only thing is, I don’t remember if you said it back to me; I can only remember me saying it. And I don’t want it to be awkward between us, if you didn’t say it back. It’s fine if you didn’t, because well, why would you? I’m only me. And if you did say it back, who knows what will happen. I know you kissed me, but I didn’t kiss you back, and I wish I had- in a way, but in another sense I’m glad I didn’t; because if you didn’t say it back then that would have been awkward. The thing is, I know I told you that I wasn’t ready after Dylan, and that was true; but I was talking to Mary and it made me think. What’s life without a risk? You can’t fly unless you jump, right? I just hope you’re there to catch me when I fall… I love you Zayn.”

I whispered the last bit and then everything was silent. I couldn’t even hear Zayn breathing. I frowned and looked up and saw Zayn watching me, tears clouding his vision. He’d heard me. At this thought, I blushed a deep shade of red.

“I will always be there to catch you when you fall, Lia,” He whispered.