Part Nine

Part Nine

Zayn’s POV

I had just gotten out of the shower and I could hear something going on in the living room bit.

Probably one of the boys, come back to hurry us up. I thought, shrugging it off and pulling on my trousers.

I was picking a shirt when Liam burst in my room; I spun around to face him and immediately knew something was wrong. His face was drained of colour, his eyes showed fear and panic, he was shaking, as he held his phone tightly in his hand. Something was very wrong.

Had something happened to one of the boys? Danielle, his girlfriend? A member of his family? One of his other friends? But nothing could have prepared me for what he said next.

“L-Lia’s been badly h-hurt,” he stammered.

“What?” I shouted, dropping the shirt in my hands.

“I don’t know what happened, she was knocking on my the door, I answered it and she’s all covered in blood and she’s only in her underwear, I don’t know what to do,” he was shaking a lot- I’d never seen him so scared, so vulnerable. I didn’t stop to listen to the rest of what he was saying; I sprinted past him and in to the living room.

“Lia,” I gasped and sprinted over to her.

As Liam had said, she was only wearing her underwear, her body was littered with old and new bruises and cuts, some that were still bleeding, some were scabbed over, and some were scarred. I couldn’t believe my eyes; I mean I’d always guessed Dylan was doing something to her, but not to this scale, it must have been going on for years. I should have noticed; I should have realised what was happening.

She stumbled forward, just as I reached her, and fell on to my chest. I would have loved the feel of having her in my arms, had it not been for this situation. I carried her over to the sofa and laid her down gently, not wanting to hurt her anymore.

“Liam, call an ambulance!” I called out.

She’s going to make. She’ll be fine. Everything will be fine. I thought over and over again.

“I am,” Liam shouted back, from where he was in my bedroom still. Thank goodness he had common sense.

“Z-Zayn,” Lia mumbled, her eyes fluttering shut.

“Lia, keep talking to me,” I said loudly, whilst tapping her cheek lightly. I could see a large, dark bruise appearing on one of her cheeks, just under her eyes, and in all honesty, it scared me.

“I’m so tired,” She murmured.

“No, no, Lia you can’t go to sleep,” I said louder this time as I knelt beside her.

“Zayn… since when did you have two heads?” She mumbled, I could see her finger twitch towards me slightly, but she didn’t have enough energy to lift it any further.