Chapter 28

Chapter 28

"I'm not going to say I told you so since that would just be petty." Collin huffed, kicking against one of Ornias' wings.

Or rather what was left of it. The former neat, auburn feathers were now mostly missing or covered in blood, the wing broken in several places and the rest of the wings didn't look any better. They were either in the same state or completely torn off his back and the wounds they left behind made me want to throw up while I covered my mouth with my hand in case the puke did decide to come out.

"But I recall quite clearly telling you that running in here would be a bad idea." He continued, using the sword to poke at the angel's body.

He managed to turn the body over and it slumped on its back like a wet sack of potatoes, head rolling back. I could have lived without seeing his face half torn off his skull, huge claw mark indicating where he had been hit and a big hole in his chest that looked like something wanted out. Or in, depending on how you looked at it. I wasn't sure which way I prefered.

"Ew." Collin gagged. "Whoever did this has a weird fetish."

"We need to find Nemesis, Lucifer, Belial, and Solas and get out of here." Erebus commanded. "Before whoever or whatever did this come back."

"Oh, definitively a who." Collin declared, sniffing the air. "Can't you smell that? I smell that."

Erebus just gave him a weird look before he completely disregarded his comment and backed away from the body. He looked uneasy being so close to a dead person and I couldn't blame him. I didn't like it either. I went over to him, taking his hand into mine to give him some sort of comfort hopefully and he gave me a thankful smile, squeezing my hand. 

"He has been dead for maybe two hours, the problem is I can't tell if this cavern runs on the same time line." Thanatos reported, poking around in the wound on his face. "Might have died two seconds ago for all I know."

"I kind of liked him." Hypnos sighed, looking at the body as if they had been friends.

"You kind of like everyone." Eris scoffed at him.

"Your point being?" Hypnos huffed, clearly annoyed.

"My point is, you trust random people way too fast!" Eris snapped at him. "That could have been you."

Hypnos didn't bother snapping back at her, instead he just looked at the body for a while longer before he grimaced at the damage that had been done to it and looked away. He seemed to be having trouble digesting the angel's death and the possibility of his sister being dead instead of just missing. He started rubbing his elbow absent-mindedly before dropping his hands and just looking majorly upset.

"You are right." He said quietly.

Thanatos gave him a pat on the back and Hypnos just wrapped his arms around him, burrying his face against the shoulder of his twin. Thanatos looked caught of guard and kept shooting glances at Alexios but he just shrugged as if he didn't know what to do about him either. He gave up and just hugged his brother back awkwardly. It looked like two tarantualas attempting to mate and I wasn't sure if they actually enjoyed it.

"Thanks." Hypnos mumbled as he let go of him.

Nyx had kept staring at their embrace while she kept an eye on Thanatos, watching his every move. He didn't seem to notice or maybe he just ignored her, not wanting to engage with her since he was bound to lose against her. Collin quickly became aware of her keeping a close watch on his son and frowned, glaring at her from where he was standing which only resulted in her getting even more annoyed.