Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I was clinging to the memory of the silver eyed god healing my wounds. I liked to look back at that particular one because it showed me that at one time in my life, someone had cared about me. Someone had gone out of their way to make me feel better instead of hurting me over and over again. Imagining him healing me took away some of the pain and helped me keep my sanity. If he cared enough that he was willing to help me, that meant I was more than the filthy whore I had been turned into.

My entire body felt like it had been lit on fire and the inside had been turned to the outside. I still had trouble breathing and I still had to pant like an animal to not pass out and by now I was pretty sure that I had a broken rip. I had yet to look at my body to see what damage they had caused but I wasn't sure if everything was still where it belonged. I couldn't feel anything past my hips and I wasn't sure if I should be concerned or if I should be happy because amputating your legs meant they couldn't hurt anymore.

My thoughts wandered back to Nolan and Mateo. I envied their ability to have a relationship and the connection they were sharing with each other. The moment in the kitchen where I had been interrupting them after I had taken a bath had become one of my favorites to look at. I wasn't enjoying watching them kiss but I liked to reflect on the way Nolan was holding onto his boyfriend, caressing that part of the nape that was covered in baby hairs or how he had wrapped his legs around his hips to keep him close. How Mateo had one hand gently resting on Nolans cheek while the other kept caressing his back.

These tiny gestures seemed to promise that there was still someone out there for someone like me who would care about me, that someone was going to come and save me from these people. They'd take me away and give me that same sense of protection these two were providing for each other, take care of my feelings and would make sure I had time to heal. I'd try everything to keep them happy in return, hoping I was enough for them.

I opened my eyes and sighed relieved as I saw my legs still attached to my body. They were, just like the rest of my body, covered in bruises that seemed to concentrate around the hip area and on the inside of my thighs. My hips looked like someone had used a garden hoe to hack into my them except I knew exactly that these marks were coming from claws holding me down and had elongated by me struggling which now made them look like deep gashes.

They hadn't reset the joint because why would they and I just knew that they would let it heal like this, crippling me forever. My arms had been untied after this whole ordeal and they looked like I had rolled them in black and blue chalk powder, all bruised up from struggling against my restraints. They had just left my lying here after they were done, leaving me alone with my misery and and woe-humbled.

I feared the point in time when they decided to come back here, forcing themselves on me again. I didn't understand why they'd do this to me after I had told them several times that I didn't have any master and that no one was going to pay for my release. They seemed to assume I was lying to protect my master's identity but who would go through such a horrible thing to protect someone that usually meant nothing to them.

I was able to hear footsteps in the distance and I struggled to moved back against the wall to get as much distance between them and me as possible. I had to drag my left leg behind myself because it was basically useless and while I was regaining feeling in my right leg, my left food remained unresponsive and numb. I figured he had caused some nerve damage in the process of dislocating it and it would just heal, I was going to be unable to use the leg anyway. The steps were drawing closer until the woman from yesterday showed up, stopping in front of my cell.

"Do you want to change your story or are you going to stick with the one you are currently trying to fob us off with?" She asked, looking through the bars.