Once he finished, he pulled out of me as he buttoned his pants. I sat up while still exposed as he looked at me. "I want you to change. I'm taking you somewhere." I watched as he turned and walked away, going into the other bedroom.

Sliding off the table, I pulled my bra up along with my pants. I walked into the bedroom and changed into something more casual. I pulled my hair into a ponytail as I emerged from the bedroom. I found Vincent waiting for me, dressed in a pair of jeans and a polo shirt.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Out, that's all you need to know," he informed me as I walked towards the door. He followed me as we made our way out of the hotel and outside, where Cruz waited for us. Climbing into the car, Cruz pulled away and took us to our destination.

I didn't bother to ask Vincent questions. What is the point?

Vincent

We pulled up to a house on the beach. Once Cruz parked the car, we emerged, and I walked towards it. Lacey followed me as I walked to the front door and opened it. I stepped aside as she walked inside, then followed her.

I watched as she looked around. Then she turned to me. "Where are we?"

"My beach house," I answered as she looked at me, surprised. I set the keys down as I walked towards her. "I don't come here often, but when I need some time alone. I took some time off of work to honor our contract."

She looked at me, confused. "You said, 'pretend' girlfriend," she reminded me.

"I intend to honor the agreement. For the rest of the month, this is a 'pretend' relationship away from everything," I assured Lacey.

"I see. So, you'll hold me the prisoner in a secluded house away from everyone. Makes sense," she spoke with annoyance.

"No, I prefer privacy. I prefer people not to know about my personal life. It's a sizable difference," I told her.

She looked at me as I stood there.

"Then I guess for the rest of the month, I can 'pretend' to give a shit," she replied as she turned and walked away from me. This month should feel exciting with the two of us.

I walked over to Cruz.

"Vincent," Cruz greeted me.

"We'll be staying here a month," I told him.

He gave me a knowing look.

"Make sure you come and pick me up on the days I told you about so I can keep those appointments," I reminded him.

"What about the girl? When the month is up, then what?" He asked me.

"Then you can return Lacey to her apartment. Until then, she remains with me," I reasoned as he nodded. He got into his car and pulled away from the house.

I have a month to pretend to care about someone before letting them go. A month was enough to handle. It would be all I need before saying goodbye to Lacey. For one month, I could pretend.

Lacey

I checked out of the house. It was rustic and not what I picture Vincent owning. He didn't seem like the type to hold a place like this. I stepped onto the back porch as I looked out onto the sand and water. It was peaceful.

This view was worth it.

"Enjoying the view?" I heard him whisper in my ear, feeling his fiery breath fanning my cheek.

"It's peaceful," I sighed as he moved around and leaned on the railing with his back.

"That's why I purchased it," he said to me. I noticed that his tone was different. It's not as cold as it was a few minutes ago.

I turned around and leaned with my back against the railing.

"You're not bad when you aren't acting like a king-size prick," I commented.

"Neither are you when you aren't a pain in my ass," he remarked.

"So, what's your deal? Why buy a place like this when you can have everything at your fingertips?"

"Sometimes, money isn't everything. I became great at business and could make an obscene amount of money. That leaves very little time for anyone else," Vincent answered.

I stood there, understanding what he meant. Being an escort wasn't exactly the job you brag to people. When people ask, you provide another employment, so they don't know you get paid to fuck someone. You also couldn't exactly have a family with it either. The money was nice, but there were times loneliness crept in and stays with you.

"What about you? Did you ever imagine becoming an escort?"

"Nope," I answered, popping the p. "When I was eighteen and graduated from high school, I packed two bags and left. I scraped money together, living at the homeless shelter. I was saving for a small apartment. Then one day, I came back to find my money missing. All I wanted is a place where I could call home."

He looked at me.

"Becoming an escort wasn't my idea. The money is nice and pulls you in. One day, I plan on leaving the business and having a quiet, simple life," I said.

He nodded, "Let me show you where you'll be sleeping." And his icy demeanor was back. When I thought I got a glimpse of the real Vincent, he hides it again. Why?

I have a feeling when I saw the real Vincent. I would break rule number two.