Chapter Six

I changed the timeline to earlier in the summer so there's more time for everyone to be together. Well mostly everyone.

Louis' p.o.v
I got in my car and pulled out of my driveway. I plugged my phone into the aux cord and started playing "Slow Dancing In The Dark" and started thinking about Rose. I was nervous to ask her to be my girlfriend but I needed to do it. I needed to be able to tell her she's beautiful and perfect everyday and kiss her lips. To be able to tell her how much I appreciate her sounds amazing to me.
I realized that I forgot to text Rose that I'm on my way. Normally I don't text and drive but I had to for Rose. I made sure no cars were coming and I pulled out my phone. I was halfway through typing my text when I heard a car honk but it was too late. A car had slammed into me. Next think I knew everything went black and all the pain went away.

Rose's p.o.v
I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It couldn't possibly be true. The tears started streaming down my face and I was shaking. I walked over to Lara and just hugged her. We took the news the hardest out of everybody considering we were the closest with him out of everyone.
"Can we go see him?" I asked hoping we would be able to.
"He's in surgery. You can go if you want but I'm not sure how long it will take." Before she could even finish I grabbed my keys and ran to my car. I sat down and put my head in my hands and cried. I cried for what felt like an hour but was really only a few minutes. I waited until I was mentally and physically stable to start driving towards the hospital. After 20 minutes of driving I arrived and saw Louis' parents who had tears in their eyes. They saw me and hugged me. They knew how close Louis and I were.
"Awww hunny. Are you okay?" Mrs.Hynes asked me.
"I will be. Do you guys know how he's doing?" I was hoping they knew something.
"Well he's in a coma but he's still in surgery." Mr.Hynes explained. My eyes started watering as he explained that but I had to keep it together for them.
About an hour and a half later Lara and Dylan showed up. Both with tears running down their faces. I ran up to them and hugged them. We stayed like this for a few minutes before Dylan asked.
"Is he okay?" Dylan asked knowing the answer but wanting an explanation.
"He's in a coma. He should be out of surgery soon." I mumbled. This was the most upset I had felt ever.
We sat there for hours waiting to hear what was going to happen. I kept rereading Louis' text.

Hynes Ketchup
I like you.

I should have told him I liked him back. I felt tears burning in my eyes. I ran into the bathroom Lara running right behind me. All of my tears running down my face. Lara grabbed me and pulled me into a hug both of us bawling our eyes out.
"I should've told him how I felt." I confessed wishing I could go back in time.
"Rose don't be like that. He'll wake up and you can tell him." She softly spoke thinking what I was thinking.
"But what if he doesn't wake up? Then he'll never know that I felt that way about him." I said my voice breaking mid sentence.
"Don't think of it that way. We need to be positive." Lara said cracking a small smile. We both calmed ourselves down and walked back out to the waiting room.
"Have you heard anything?" Lara asked,
"He's out of surgery. He's still in his coma though. Your parents went in to see him."
"Do they think he'll make it?" I asked dreading the answer.
"They don't know." He mumbled starting to cry. By that time all 3 of us were crying,
A few days later and Louis is still in his coma.
I hadn't left the hospital since. I'm in his room every second of everyday. I haven't eaten much and it's starting to show. Lara was coming today because she wanted to see him. I looked at him and saw how miserable he looked. Tears slowly ran down my face.
"Knock knock." Lara said walking in. She had food, clothes and my phone charger in her hands.
"Hi. How are you?" I asked her miserably.
"I'm doing better, I brought you some good and fresh clothes. Why don't you go get changed?" She suggested. I didn't want to leave Louis but I went and got changed. I got changed into black leggings and a light pink sweatshirt. I walked back in and heard that Lara was playing his favorite song "My My My" by Troye Sivan. She let a tear slip down her cheek but wiped it away when I walked in. I just sat down by her and we sat there for hours.

Louis' p.o.v
I didn't remember what happened but I woke up with a major headache. I couldn't move or see anything. I could hear someone crying though. Was it? It couldn't be Rose why would she be crying?
"Lara he needs to wake up. He can't be in a coma forever he's only sixteen." Rose spoke crying. I was in a coma? How could this happen? I had no idea how long I had been here. It was very hard to breathe, it hurt to take a tiny deep breath. Was I going to die? That was the thought roaming around in my head.
It had been a few days and Rose never left my side. She would sing to me, talk to me and play music for me. Avi, Malina and Hazel have come here to comfort her a few times but Lara and Dylan are here the most. They took it the hardest. It was getting harder and harder to be in this coma. I hated it. It was getting a lot harder to breathe. I kept fighting for everybody but it was getting harder and harder. As much as I wanted to keep fighting I couldn't. I had to let go. I didn't want to leave everybody but I had to. It was getting too hard to keep fighting.

Rose's p.o.v
Lara had left about 20 minutes ago. I plugged my phone in and started playing some music. I sat there starting to calm down and think everything was going to be okay. I hadn't cried for a few hours which was good for me. I was about to choose a new song to play when Louis' heart monitor started going crazy. It was beeping a ton. I started crying. The doctors ran into the room. At this point I was yelling at Louis.
"Please don't leave me. I need you. I love you." With that they pushed me out of the room.

I'm not mentally stable after writing this. Chapter 7 will most likely be posted tonight since I don't have school! <3