The sun is reflecting its glorious rays against the sea making the water glitter. We passed by some trawlers, fishing boats and other yachts. We dropped anchor in Villefranche just in time for lunch. We disembarked and headed to a local restaurant, a childhood favorite of my Mom. This is the south of France, home to great food and wine.

We went sightseeing after lunch. Villefranche is a sleepy place with rows of centuries-old houses painted in pastel colors. We thought of Liam when we encountered a group of young men who all had cameras slung on their necks. Liam loves taking pictures. I finished a whole scrapbook of our trip to California. All pictures where from his beloved camera.

We walked Villefranche’s pavements the whole afternoon, stopping only to have coffee at a nearby café and people watch. Dylan loves the laid back atmosphere here. It is so different from our harried lives in New York.

We went back to the yacht just before sunset where we enjoyed dinner prepared by Grandpa’s chef. He replicated Grandma’s French onion soup very well. We also had freshly baked salmon and caramel cheesecake. At the rate we are pigging out, we will gain a lot of weight before we go back to school.

He waggled his eyebrow after he locked the door to our cabin. “There is no Seth to disturb us, babe.” He jumped on the bed where I was already lying. I am slightly tipsy from all the champagne we drank. He hovered over me and laughed quietly. “You know, I like it when you are drunk.” He said with a wicked grin.

“Oh yeah?! Grab somebody sexy tell ‘em hey…” I started singing just to tease him. He silenced me with a kiss and then some the whole night.

We emerged from our cabin for breakfast and just as the yacht is pulling out of Villefranche’s port. We are heading to Monaco. We settled and cuddled by the deck where we are constantly sprayed with salt water on our faces. We stopped away from the Fontvieille harbor to swim. We can see Monte Carlo’s casino and buildings from a distance.

I dived from the upper deck to the water. I feel like a female Tom Daley. It drove Dylan crazy but he did the same thing anyway. “Don’t do that again.” He sternly warned as he reached my spot. His brows are furrowed and he looks so worried.

I splashed him with water and told him he sounds like Grandpa as usual. He just rolled his eyes and splashed water back at me. We frolicked and enjoyed the warm waters of the Mediterranean.

Skipper Phil threw a huge pool cabana float overboard after a while and I quickly climbed on it. My legs are getting tired from threading underwater. Dylan joined me, too. “Let’s play a game.” I splashed water at him again. “All questions; even the answers should be in the form of a question. You cannot ask the same question twice.”

Our wager is either a lap dance for him or the engagement ring for me. I really have my eye on Aunt Lily’s ring. I cannot wait to make him officially mine. “Game on.” He looks determine to win this.

“Do you love me?” I asked coyly. I know the answer but I just want to fish.

“Am I not showing you enough that I do?” He said slowly, ensuring that he has his answer in question form. He is grinning. Wow, he so wants to win. Damn boy is not proposing anytime soon.

“Will you miss me?” I turned to look at him. He is lying beside me on the cabana float somewhere in the Mediterranean.

“Do you really have to ask?” He said with a sad smile.

“What if I don’t go?” I still don’t think I can be away from him. I might just travel back to New York and be with him after a day or so in California.

“Don’t you want to fulfill your dreams?” He still thinks I should go to Stanford and that we can make this long distance relationship work.

“Can we make this work?” Oh, it will work if I am still alive. I might just die if I am not around him even for a few hours in a day.