Chapter Twenty Four

The throbbing pain in my back forces me to awaken to the world still dark.

"Jackson? Adam? Ashton? Theron?"

I look to see no one around. The fire is cinders, and no one is here. Not a dragon. Not a sound.

"Hello! Anyone?" I stand up to look around, not a single soul around.

I begin to run towards the river I was with Ashton an. No one is there.

"Come on! Someone must be here!" I shout as I look out to the lake.

Did I see something?

My eyes are glued to a white speck I see in the distance. It comes closer and closer before I can see its shape.

"Aries!" I run out into the shallow lake.

My clothes weight me down as the water is around knee height, and causes my clothes to become water soaked, and mud covered.

Aries has landed in the lake. She is just as amazing as I remember.

"Aries!" I call. But she doesn't react. I walk closer and closer before she sees me. She begins to roar and flap her wings. Her eyes have turns sinister, and she stares at me as if there is not a single part of her the recognises me.

"Aries it's me!" I shout as I walk closer before she smashes her feet to the ground and uses her tail to push me away.

I begin to fly across the lake before I land in the deepest part.

I close my eyes as I try to move to the surface. I can't move.

My eyes open to see the hazy water world as I struggle to push my way to the top.

I can't hold my breath for much longer. It feels like my head is begin squeezed.

I...can't...

I open my mouth as my last bits of oxygen leave my body before I feel like I am dragged to the surface.

Where am I? I look around to see I am in a small dark room.

The smells of old still water and rust fill my nose as I glance around this room that is too dark to see in.

"Tell me where they are!" I hear a loud deep voice demand.

I turn around to see a man standing facing a person whose face is covered with a potato sack. I jump back before I notice, that despite four people being in the room, including this victim and interrogator, they can't see me, or hear me.

"Well, they are on planet Earth." The victim says in a familiar voice. Is that the Director under that sack?

I watch as the sack is taken off his head.

"I want a serious answer demon."

"Demon is a bit harsh." The Director smiles.

How can he smile like this?

I can see his suit is a mess, and so is his hair. He is covered in a layer of dirt, and through the holes in his suit, I can see scar tissue covering his body.

When my eyes finally adjust to this lack of light...I can see the dirt isn't dirt. Its blood.

What are they doing to you?

"Director!" I yell, but I know it is pointless.

"You tell us where they are, or we can start the whole process again. You will only heal, so trust me death isn't an option."