Chapter Eight

"Willow?"

"That is what I said. If you are unaware, certain types of dragon breeds are extremely rare, so much so that only two, and on ever rare occasions three ever lives at one time. They usually live for around 100 or so years and give one egg that will be almost identical to the parent. Willow's type of breed allows for somewhat guides into the future. Follow me, and you will be able to meet her."

"I am in a rush."

"Well, you might have to wait for another time then. You don't have much time."

I quickly rush out of the room and head over to Ashton, we are losing light.

"Where is your dragon?" Ashton questions,

"Doesn't matter, I'm riding with you," I say as I run up and with his help jump onto his dragon. We take off with one strong push with the dragon's mighty wings and head straight for the river.

I hold on tight as he rushes to get to the river, once the river was in sight, we began following it slowly.

My eyes glance across the earth, searching for something, a clue, anything.

I see the lush green trees and the mangroves growing along the river's edge. I watch as we fly past a settled environment, completely at peace. Now and then I glance up to the sun, slowly falling with every second. The sky slowly changing from a heart-stopping blue, into a slow and peaceful purple and a bittersweet pink.

"Do you see anything?" Ashton asks,

"Nothing. You?"

"Nothing." I can tell he is just as disappointed as me. "We are going to lose light any second now,"

"Keep searching... please," I say so desperate to find her.

I notice as we begin to speed up looking over the land, soon reaching some mountain ranges.

"Slow down," I say as I try to look through the darkness that is only growing thicker. I attempt to use my light ability, but my small amount of light can't break through the darkness that surrounds such a large area.

Nothing but the sound of the dragon's wings fills the air. My chest is tight, as I slowly begin to shatter inside. We decide to get closer and land at the base of the mountain.

"Aries!" I shout as I jump off the dragon. "Aries! Come on girl, let's go home!"

"Elena... it is too dark."

"Just... give me a second." I still try to find her even though I can't see much of anything anymore. I keep running before I trip, landing on my knees and hands.

"Elena..."

"I know! I know...let's go." I say just as he helps me up.

"Let's go, boy," Ashton says as we hop on and begin to turn around and fly back a lot faster than we flew here.

I lean back for a second, trying to keep my head up rather than down. I stare at the stars. I lean back, closing my eyes.

"We will find her." Ashton comforts.

"I know-" suddenly my breath escapes my lungs from the pure force of something colliding with my chest.

I gasp as my eyes slowly open as I feel the cool wind rush past my skin as I fall through the night air towards the ground. My hair flies everywhere as I stare at the sky again. Goosebumps raise on my skin, as my body feels so heavy but at the same time light.

"Elena!" The voice of Ashton manages to reach my ears as I fall.

I don't know why, but my hands begin to attempt to reach for Ashton like I am climbing a rope constructed with the air around me.

Suddenly, I see in the distance a white figure.

My eyes begin to open wider, as my heart feels light.

"Aries?" I shout as she comes closer soon seeing that this dragon was not mine, yet was coming straight for me.

It grabs me with its claws as I notice the rider. "Theron?"

"Climb up." He says as I slowly begin to climb up its legs and eventually onto its back.

"Why are you out here?"

"I'm finding my dragon... what hit me?" I say with no response.

We begin to circle, soon I notice at least 6 other riders as we begin to fly beside Ashton.

"Elena are you okay?" Ashton asks.

"I hope so. What hit me?" I repeat.

"Them," Theron points to two riders storming off from the floor.

"Don't let them escape!" Theron yells to the other members of the search party, soon they all begin to follow after the two riders dressed in black.

Theron, with me now on his dragon, begins to fly after them.

I hold on tight as he flies so fast that I can't even see without my eyes burning from the wind.

He turns sideways, and upside-down through the thick forest, chasing after these people. My heart is racing as I close my eyes out of fear.

Then I hear a loud dragon's roar.

"Aries!" I know it is her, as I look below me to see the river. I don't hesitate as I jump off and into the water. I was not going to stop the chase, but I needed to chase after Aries.

"Elen-" Theron yells,

My feet hit the water as my hands rest over my chest.

My skin suddenly freezes as I fall into the rushing water. I can feel the water surround me just as I swim to the water's surface. I take a deep breath just as the rushing rapids begin to take me downstream.

I quickly grab onto a rock and move to the side where Ashton lands.

"Elena-"

"I heard her, she is here!" I say as I rush into the forest searching.

I hear her roar again.

"Aries!" I shout as I chase her roar.

Soon, I see her white figure in the distance. I charge through the forest and then see two more people standing beside Aries, who is in metal shackles.

They reach for their swords just as Ashton comes storming in with his dragon following.

With no dragons in sight, they run as I begin to free Aries.

"Aries. I'm here." I say as I try to break her shackles, just before I see Ashton's dragon, and another member of the search party, capture the running people before and hand me the keys.

I unlock her shackles, and she instantly stands with her back to me, protecting me.

"Aries, it's okay," I say as I know people are all around protecting us already.

She ignores me, but I can tell she wants me to hop on her back. The moment I do she shoots into the air.

"Aries!" I scream.