Chapter One

Hi... Its been a long while.

I have been very busy sorting my future out, I am now in my third year of University and currently in lockdown!

It has been a crazy couple of years, especially end of 2019 to now. 

I have decided to try to get back doing some of the things I love. One being writing. 

Now, since it has been a while and I have done so much more writing and literacy, I will be editing this first before I post new chapters. It shouldn't take me too long, but hang in there. 

I cannot promise anything as I don't want to let anyone down, so just stay with me!

Anyone new here, welcome! I have been MIA since August 2018 and now back in August 2021. 

Enjoy!

****

This is it.

I stare around this cramped single bedroom, that I once called 'my room'. This room, barely big enough for a single bed and a small white desk, now looks bigger than ever.

Everything that made this room mine, is now either in the hands of another who needs it or stuffed into one large grey suitcase. This room, once full of my memories, my pictures and the echoes of my breakdowns and laugher, is now an empty wooden box.

I stare at the settled dust that rests on the window frames, and the dust that has taken to the air and glows in the sunlight coming through a glass-paned window that I once called, my window.

"Elena, let's go!" I hear the yelling from outside that window.

I begin rolling my suitcase out of the door and into the tight hallway. I stop for a second and turn to my left,

"There is no going back," I mutter as I walk into a room that was once my brother room, also empty.

"Elena! We are going to be late!"

"Coming!" I say as I grab my case and head for the stairs. My suitcase feels as if I had filled it full of bricks, as I attempt to roll it down the steps that are so steep that this staircase could be classified as a playground slide.

The stairs are wooden, old and have a slight curve to each step from the water damage... sparking memories of young me forgetting to turn the water off in the bathtub as I run downstairs to catch something on TV.

I try my best to fit this hell of a suitcase down the narrow steps.

"Elena." I see the door open and look up at the light before my left leg gets caught on my right and begin flying down the stairs. My suitcase bursting open and its contents flying free like doves leaving a cage.

With one giant thud, followed by a painful "Ow...", Ashton rushes over.

"Are you okay? No scrapes, bruises, fractures, broken bones?!" He panics. I stand up and dust myself off. "From a scale of 1 to 10, how much does it hurt? Ten being death, and one being-"

"Ash, I am fine."

"Give me a number."

"-10, I feel great."

"How many fingers am I holding up?"

I smirk and give him eyes that just blatantly says 'Really?' I push his hand from my face as I pick up my suitcase and try to stuff my clothes back in it.

"I folded everything up too..." I shove everything in and sit on it to close it.

"Ash. I am perfectly fine." I smile before I kiss him on the cheek.