Chapter Thirteen

I waited patiently in my room, pacing back and forth as I wait for Jackson's call. I was both excited and scared to hear my history, where I came from. I also was eagerly waiting for Ashton to call.

My phone rings and I quickly answer it.

"Jackson?"

"Yeah, are you somewhere quiet?"

"I'm in my room."

"Okay, here I go. This should answer everything. The real confusion of our history happened just over a 100 years ago..."

***Around 100 years ago***

"Catherous! Catherous!" A young, blonde woman, around 16 years old, runs down the wide, and tall hallway. She runs with a smile on her face, as she ignores the fact that she is about to trip on her own outfit. A dress that is mostly coloured rose-gold, with the front of her corset being detailed with white, as well as the front of her dress. Her sleeves are tight just above the elbow, but them looses to fall to her wrist. With so much material compiled, the young woman becomes instantly worn out, and her sprint changes to a run before she trips.

A small hit pokes out from behind the door she was heading too.

"Elreena, you should run in mother's formal gowns, you'll trip."

"Oh thank you for the advice. Like I wasn't informed when I fell." She picks herself up and quickly bends down to pick up the letter she just dropped.

"She has found others like us!"

"Yeah right." Catherous grabs the letter out of her hand but quickly hands it back.

"Catherous, have you been attending lessons lately?" She inquires as she receives the letter back from Catherous.

"Daria! Mother has called for us!" Catherous changes the subject, assuming the message of the letter, as he, like most, is unable to read much of anything.

"Mother called?" Daria opens the door of her room and runs out to the hall, wearing an outfit similar to Elreena's, however, hers was mostly black, and the front details were an unusual blue.

"Let me see that." Daria takes the letter and reads it herself.

A few years beforehand, Elreena, Daria, and Catherous awoke to their power, and due to the words from the Gods, they knew that 4 others were needed to confirm that their power was not one of the demons or the devil, but one of beauty and legend. Their mother had finally found the others and wanted her children to be aware that they were not demons, they were beautiful.

They had been called to meet with their mother, and the other descendants tomorrow morning, meaning headed out immediately to ensure they would make it to the main kingdom by tomorrow morning. 

Their carriage had only just passed the halfway point, at around midnight, early morning, while the world around them slept. But of course, some did not.

"What was that?" Elreena sat up from her laying position.

"I didn't hear anything, go back to sleep El," Daria replies, continuing to lay down to sleep.

Thud.

"Okay, I heard it that time for sure." Elreena wakes Catherous,

"El, what are you-"

"Shh." She silences him, as they all begin to listen to voices as their carriage halts.

"What are you doing-" They all hear the voice of the driver silence.

Catherous pulls out his sword and begins to look out the window. "Leave on my count through the other door." 

"Cath-" Elreena has no time to protest.