"Baja did that to you?" Bow worries as he comes closer on inspection and she nods glancing at me.

"Whatever is affecting Baja is affecting Keylin. Baja wouldn't just turn on someone, especially not me. She has been keeping me company for the past few days. She was fine this morning but suddenly it's as if something switched in her mind and she began to cry." Tara explains before frowning at Anya.

"You said he was missing? Then what are you all doing sitting on your asses? Let's go and find him!" She exclaims as she moves to the doorway.

I look at Bow who gives me a look before following Tara. I turn to Anya who looked fearful.

"Go, I'll wait here in case he shows up." She says and I sigh in relief before placing a hand on her shoulder, sending her a close mouthed smile as I quickly turn to the door. Putting on my jacket as I hurried out into the night, noticing how it was starting to rain.

Keylin...please be ok.

After, Bow had rallied his father's soldiers. Informing them how Keylin was missing and they needed to find him. The rain beat down on them as they searched through tents, houses and some going to the forest. Bow and I made our way to the forest as Tara stayed at the camp.

After Baja became wild she managed to lure her to the shed behind her home and lock her inside. Fearful that the panther would harm other Dry Landers if she let her wonder free.

"Where do you think he would've went?" Bow questions me as we grab swords from the sword smith, knowing the creatures that lurked within the forest at night.

"I thought he would've went to you at first but I knew by him, he didn't want that. He looked like he wanted to be away from here, away from me." I mutter quietly as Bow looks at me before stopping and placing a hand on my shoulder making me stop and turn to him.

"It's too soon for him Mal. Especially when he saw the necklace...he doesn't know unless you both sit down and talk. He needs to know the truth."

"He won't listen to me..he..he..." My words trail off as I look ahead, stopping in my tracks as a blonde haired figure, soaking wet stands in front of the fire pit looking into the pit void of fire as the rain beat down on him.

"There he is.." I whisper trailing off and Bow turns his head quickly to match my gaze, immediately going to walk forward but as I watch Keylin with a frown stoop down to the fire. I could see his lips moving...he was talking to the fire?

Something didn't sit right with me.

I bring my hand out and stop Bow from walking forward and he turns to me confused.

"What-"

"Somethings wrong." I gulp as I watch as Keylin's hand moves out to touch the pit as the rain beat down, hair in his eyes.

"He's right there Mal, he's safe. Why-"

A dirt coated hand suddenly shoots up from the fire pit.

"What the.." I whisper wide eyed, heart beating fast as I watch Keylin move his hand to touch the hand protruding from the ground. They touch and thunder erupts from above them followed by lightning.

"What the fuck is going on?!" Bow screams through the lightning as I watch Keylin pull the hand from the earth, pulling the body from the ground.

I had no words as I watched the body coming up from the dirt, insects and muck coating him but his black eyes were visible through the lightning. It was enough to send me into action.