"You lied to me." I state seriously. "And what worse is you lied to Raen. He trusted you! He..."

My voice trails off as I catch a glimpse of silver around Malakei's neck and he had his eyes closed, waiting for what I presumed was a punch from me but when it didn't come he peeled his eyes open, looking at me. He notices my stare and it immediately dawns on him. His eyes widen in realisation.

"Keylin..Key I can explain-"

"Why...why have you got his necklace?"

I whisper in confusion with trembling lips as I shakily move forward and reach for it. Taking the wing pendant between my bloody fingers.

"Why are you wearing this? This...this isn't yours.." I sob in defeat and he swallows, tears falling out of his eyes at my reaction as he tries to mask his pain.

"I'm sorry." He whispers. "You were never supposed to find out this way-I-I'm so sorry Keylin. Gods I'm so sorry."

"Did...did he-"

"He gave it to me." He swallows looking up at me trying to catch my eye but my gaze was on the necklace. My mind swirling with memories of Raen wearing it. Why would he give it away? Why give it to my best friend?

"Please Key, before you overthink things...let me explain-"

"I-I don't need you to explain." I say before bringing both hands around it.

"Take it off." I say sternly as I narrow my eyes at him making his eyes fall. Nonetheless he does as I say and slowly takes the necklace off handing it to me.

As soon as I take it from his hands I'm storming off. Pushing through on looking Dry Landers as I tried to get as far away from the scene as possible.

"Keylin!" Malakei says loudly as he moves forward clutching his stomach. I turn around and see him go to follow me but the look I give him is enough to make him stop.

"Please." I hear him "Please don't leave like this." He whispers defeated and as much as it pains me, my stubbornness was always my downfall- I shake my head painfully and turn around, stalking off.

All I wanted right now...was Raen.

"Raen!" I scream as I push through the trees and branches, trying to make my way to the lake where I last saw him.

I wondered why I never dreamed of him again. Maybe I had finally sent him away for good. What I thought was a good idea at the time turned out to be an awful one. Now I needed him more than ever. I needed answers.

"Raen please. I need you right now." I say huskily before tripping on a branch making me yelp as I come tumbling down to the ground. Groaning as I pull myself up but when I spot a pair of dirty shoes in front of me I look up.

"Raen." I say up to him, lips wobbling as he frowns down at me, squatting down towards me with a knowing look.

"I knew you would come back to me Key..I hoped you would."

"I'm sick of this."

"Sick of what?"

"I'm sick of living Raen. I can't stand to be without you. I miss you so much. I-I can't do this anymore, I want to be with you." I choke as I bring a hand up to rub my tears.

I feel his cold hands move to cup my face as he looks at me sadly.

"I'm sorry you have to live this life alone. Forgive me, let me make it up to you." He says as one of his hands tangles in my hair and I look up at him glassy eyed and curious.