Chapter 21

You were always alone inside your helm. No one thought could be easily connected to another. Not anymore. Everything was a struggle. It was hard. 

You longed for the days back then. The simple days. The easy days.

The days when you didn't have to stand in the corner for several hours because you heard a ticking and you panicked and rushed to the corner. You were trembling, this was stupid, why were you doing this? 

The ticking! You could hear it!

But there was no ticking-

Yes there it is!

Where- 

You didn't know. 

You were close to tears now as you trembled. You had to stop it but you were too nervous to move. Your frame wasn't listening to your demands, ones that didn't even require much thought. 

They could come in at any time!

You weren't in the stockades-

Does that matter!

It does-

What awful experiment do they have for you today!?

You knocked your helm against against the wall trembling hard trying to get the ticking to go away. There wasn't even the low down beat of the tock, this only increased your anxious fidgeting more, you didn't like this one bit.

You vents hitched as you heard pedesteps. 

There they are!

Its not them-

They've come to get you back!

Its not them-

They're gonna come for whats still in your helm!

It is not them!!

You were trembling your optics still in the corner as the pedesteps passed your room and faded off. Your panic never once dropped do the the continual ticking. How cold the mines were did not help this situation any. With shaking servos you reached up to press them over your audios digits threading between your audio fins. 

make it stop.

Make it stop!

MAKE IT STOP-

And suddenly it did you no longer heard the ticking right in your audio. You vented and tried to relax your trembling frame, you let your servos slide down the sides of your helm with a shaky sigh. You were so tired of these... these panicked moments, nearly anything could trigger them and it would leave you trembling in the corner like a defective sparkling. 

You looked around your dorm rubbing your cheek gently. You knew you shouldn't be so hard on yourself, it sure wasn't helping anything the way it is, but you had a job to do. You swallowed thickly and stood up, when did you slide to the ground? You didn't know. 

Slowly calmness settled over your still buzzing frame. Well, as calm as your bouncing processor could be. But either way it was better than before. That is for sure. 

You wondered over to where you usually kept Sumdac. He was asleep at the moment, you supposed it was a good thing, he didn't see your terrified processor glitch. You vented and looked to your makeshift work space then looked at your trembling servos and tried to still them. 

This only caused them to tremble more. You swallowed sighing softly at yourself. This was stupid. But thats just how your life has been, pure stupidity.