Prologue

3.5k words

Egypt Jones a 23 year old police officer who graduated top of her class. She has the skills, the money and the talent to do whatever she was assigned. Yet nobody took her seriously.

She never got to head a investigation, she never got a chance to even show her employers that she's worth it. Today was her day although she didn't know it.

Today Friday March 1st would be the best and worst day of Egypt's life. The mixed emotions would rush through her body like water over stone. She wouldn't understand the feelings, not one bit. They would be foreign to her but she would just have to deal until she's able to figure it out.

She would do some things that she isn't proud of, she will talk to some very extraordinary people, and will also be working with someone she would have never expected.

The experience would be out of this world, and it all begins when she's put on a very special case.

The case of the Shadow Killer

This was a ongoing case, been going on for years. Nobody on the task force could solve this case, yet they been trained for it.

Waking up on this Friday Morning Egypt was getting ready to file papers all day like she usually does. She feels as if her skills aren't being put to good use. She's been in college working hard but she had to prove herself to her coworkers.

Slipping on a coat of lotion on her body she relaxed while a 2000's playlist of R&B music played in the background. She rubbed the strawberries and cream smelling lotion into her skin. Making sure the matching perfume was on her dresser on the side when she was ready.

She finished rubbing the lotion on her arms, legs, and upper chest, when she put clothes on.

She applied her uniform on her body, and grabbed the matching smelling perfume. Standing in front of her personal room fan. Spraying the perfume into the fan, having it blow back on her. Covering her entire body, with the smelling perfume.

She walked to her full body mirror which was a attachment to her closet which she played as a bonus. She enjoyed the way she looked in her casual officers uniform.

Her job had many bonuses in her opinion, she didn't have to dress up in blue all day like the office cops she worked with. She only wore that uniform when she was in the office. Her specialty was investigating off the scene. So she didn't need to always have a uniform. It was kind of like personal investigating. Her outfit could be whatever street style apparel she wanted as long as she wasn't assigned to office that day of the week.

When she walked into office that morning with her everyday treats, A Cinnabon donut and a large Carmel frappe. She was greeted by the only coworker of hers that treated her with respect and respected her skills.

James Johnson, a 4 year employee at his police office. Was highly respected by everyone and was looked up to. Egypt was his first target as he always looked for newbies to help. Egypt grew on him more then the last newbies and they became friends.

They occasionally go out for drinks, and sometimes visit each others places. It's all in friendship wise. Nothing to serious in that way, but James finds himself slowly getting more comfortable with Egypt with every time they hang.

"Egypt, Good morning". He said with a bright white smile, and his full lips. James was a dark skinned man, taller then 6'0, built like he works out on the daily and is as nice as a kitten.  He does have that tough man routine down straight. He could scare the socks off any criminal that needed to be intimidated.

"Hey Jay, what's new?" She leaned on her weight on one side of her body as she cocked her head up to look at him. With her height only being 5'7 she wasn't nearly tall enough to be level eyed with him.