Part 20

" But it's my favourite shirt."

'Fine. Keep it with you,' she threw the shirt on bed angrily and left the room. "What the hell had happened here? She barges in suddenly, teases me, asks me to throw my shirt and is angry on me"—'Oh god! If he thought it was impossible to understand women, Neeta gives him a new definition of "impossible" in different doses to him daily. Life with her is like a roller coaster ride and you knew that you so love it'-his heart chided him. He shook his head slightly. Madam is angry now- he had to cool her before she erupts or even worse gives her torturous-meaning silent treatment."

He went to the dining room and was relieved to see that she was still there, arranging the dishes. Her face looked angry and she did not even spare a glance at him."Neeta!" he went near her. She went to the kitchen as though he did not exist there. He followed her."Nia! I have thrown the shirt," he said hoping to cool down her anger.

This time, she looked at him."No need to sacrifice your favourite shirt- that too on my account," she turned to the other side folding her hands."I am doing it for myself. If you do not like something, there is no place for that thing in my home or' ... he paused ...'in my life," he gave a side hug to her and she completely melted with the sentence.

This guy—he can cool her down with a single line, a single look. Her lips curved into a smile finally and she leaned into the hug.

***

The next day, it was around dinner time when Raj came from the office.'Hi!'Neeta opened the door with a beaming face, but her expression changed into a frown seeing his face.'Raj! Are you okay?' She checked his forehead, but it appeared normal to her.He smiled tiredly at her.'I am fine.I will fresh up and come,' he went to his bedroom but she noticed him, rubbing his fingers unconsciously on his temple...it must be headache...he is looking stressed out.

She thought about talking to him about the weekend plans. But, that can wait... nothing is more important than his health. When he came back after changing his dress, he sat beside her on the sofa.'So, what is the plan?'

'Raj! Why did you hide that you are having head ache?'

'I don't want to have any tablets.' he said sheepishly. He thought that she would force him to have them, but she surprised him, when she took hold of his hand and pulled him slowly and placed his head in her lap. she adjusted his head comfortably and then started massaging his forehead gently with aromatic oil.He felt light headed with her soothing touch, her lap was so warm and soft and he felt relaxed like never before.His eyes closed on their own accord and he felt as if he was in paradise.She saw that he went to sleep and ran her fingers through his hair, loving the feel of it .She tried to move his head, but he murmured something incoherently and turned towards her, his lips touched her belly over her dress and she felt strange sensations erupting inside her. She held her breath for a few seconds and he moved back again to his previous position in sleep. She did not had the heart to wake him up.She too closed her eyes and slowly, sleep invaded her senses.

The first thing he saw, when he opened his eyes was Neeta's face looking like a serene angel in sleep. He realised his position and immediately got up...damn...it must be painful for her to sleep like this...why the hell didn't he get up before?....but he could not deny that this is the most peaceful slumber, he had, after years of restless sleep and loneliness.He tried calling her but she was in deep sleep...he placed his arms gently under her body being careful to not wake her up and carried her to her bed.His heart ached to leave her. He placed his lips on her fore head in a feather like kiss and took hold of her fingers in his hand and pressed them to his face before kissing them softly,'You have no idea what you have done to me Nia! How did you bind me so intricately in the magic of your love? I can't bear to be apart from you even for a second. Although this wait kills me every second, this pain is worth it. I can bear anything for you.Have sweet dreams, my love,' he kissed the top of her head and adjusted the blanket on her properly, before leaving to his room.

Neeta came back from the hospital and was about to prepare the dinner when the door bell rang. She opened the door and was surprised to see Abhi there...You! ...at this time...She frowned,'Is your mother okay?'

'Yes.You forgot your file at my home.I came to give it back.I thought it must be important to you.' He replied.

'Thank you,' she nodded but inwardly, she was surprised...he can call her or send it by driver...why did he come to give it personally?

'I am going this side only, for some work... so, I brought it by myself,' he said as if answering her question.

She was not making any move to invite him inside and he made some excuse 'can I get some water?'

'Oh sorry...come inside...'She gestured him towards the sofa to sit and went to bring the water.

Rajveer had just returned from his office and saw that Neeta's door was open. He could not wait to see her soon...he entered her flat...'Nia!' He called...and then saw the stranger sitting on the sofa. Abhi saw him and instantly recognised him...ACP Rajveer... What is he doing here?

'Hi!' she beamed seeing him and Abhi was startled to see the sudden transformation in her face...her entire face was lit up with joy seeing this guy....he never saw the expression in her eyes before.Whenever she was in his house, her face was so closed up not revealing her emotions and she only talked to him professionally...but this guy he seemed so familiar to her.

She gave the glass to Abhi and went to Raj, 'I thought you will be late today.'

'I thought of surprising you,' he smiled at her and then looked questioningly at Abhi.

'Raj! He is Abhimanyu. I am treating his mother.We had studied in the same school and Abhi... this is ACP Rajveer, my close friend.'

Abhi felt a sting inside.She did not even introduce him as her friend at least for formality sake. She just labelled him as her schoolmate and Raj as her close friend. To his irritation, that Rajveer had a magnetic personality and an aura of confidence& power. He looked like he can't be intimidated or afraid by anything or anyone.He had heard about his sincerity and how he would deal with the deadliest of criminals without caring about anything. He had been very careful to not let his businesses come under the guy's scanner. He is Neeta's friend now, he had to be even more careful, he thought.