Prologue

There was absolute silence in the room, except for the occasional sounds, when the pawns are moved on the chess board by a man and a woman sitting on the opposite sides of it- their total concentration, only on the game.

Both of the players were playing since past two hours-she was acting as if she was getting defeated, but not letting him win at the last moment.

Finally, he grinned confidently, making his move, 'your king is trapped now.'

She looked at him with deep mysterious eyes, 'as long as, he has his queen with him, he can't be defeated,' she made her counter move,'checkmate.'

He looked at her in astonishment—he had underestimated her...She had let him believe he was going to win the game but had turned the tide at the end.

'I never know you can play chess so well,' he said surprised.

'You don't know many things about me...anyways...leave it...its lunch time. Let us have lunch together. I don't want to be alone.'

'Sure, 'he beamed in pleasure.

She had engaged him for another hour, trying hard, to not let her inner disgust show on her face

Her phone beeped. She read the message-"work done". A smile formed on her lips but she hid it quickly.

'Okay! I am planning to go to my relative's house. So, bye...thanks for the company,' she stood up from the chair.

'It's my pleasure Neeta,' he replied taking her leave.

He forgot to switch on his phone, till he had reached his home.

Two hours later, he saw the news scrolling on the TV, that ACP Rajveer Sinha had been wrongly framed by his rivals. The media are praising about his achievements as though nothing happened before an hour. He hurled his mobile against his wall sized expensive TV, breaking it into pieces and the shattering sound of the glass echoed in the room.

'Well played Neeta,' he thought with reluctant admiration. With every passing moment, his anger is turning into fascination for her, his madness for her has increased manifold—he had to have her in his life at any cost.

'I will snatch her away from you Rajveer. It's a promise,' he vowed to himself.