Part 9

Raj saw that Neeta was observing his home as if looking for something. 'What happened Neeta? How is my home?'

'It looks great Raj. I am just surprised to see that you don't have any photographs of your family here.'

His face turned dark with the painful memories-'I don't want to be reminded of what I have lost Neeta.' His voice turned a bit low-'Anyways, leave it-this is the first time you came to my home and I don't want to spoil your mood with my past. Come, I will show you my house.'

The house was very spacious and well furnished but Neeta felt that it lacked something...It was a bit too bland like it lacked a woman's touch...the walls were bare and it appeared a bit dull to her.

'Raj ! No offense-the house is very beautiful but it needs more life...like some decorations, paintings, colours, plants—they make it look more homely. You can change the curtains here...' She stopped when she saw him, leaning on the door, with his arms crossed, watching her intently with a smile.

She felt a bit conscious-'Sorry...It is your home. You need not change anything. I should not have said that'-She wondered whether she is taking too many liberties with him.

He came to her-'Neeta! Remember one thing. You can change anything you want to. You have every right to do do. You are right-this house lacked warmth because it was just a house to me till now but now'....he paused a bit...'I want to make it my home...will you help me to do it?'

She nodded her head –'Be careful Raj! I may make your house like an over decorated function hall'-She teased him.

'You can't, even if you want to. I know that you don't like gaudy things and even if you do, I promise that I won't change it a bit.' she was surprised that within a short period, how fast he had understood her likes and tastes.

She entered the hospital lift when she heard the loud voice of a girl ...'Abhimanyu...please listen to me...'and soon enough a guy clad in a three piece suit and a girl who was looking very modern with a mini skirt entered the lift. She barely paid any attention to their conversation as she was still thinking about Raj.

                                                                                         * * *

Abhimanyu was walking towards the lift when his latest fling started following him—'Abhi! We had such a great time together. I love you baby,'...she tried to hold his arm.

He gave her an evil smirk---'that is over...your love can find someone else by night...' She gasped in shock but did not leave him.

Abhimanyu got bored with her rants and lifted his eyes to the other corner and saw a woman looking towards the door...it was clear that she observed both of them but she did not give a damn. It was as though she didn't even notice him which was a rarity because everything around him oozed power & money.She looked like she just wanted to get the hell out of here and eager to meet someone else. His ego was hurt somewhere-She acted as though there are more interesting things to do than at least even bother about sparing a glance on him---her face, her deep dark eyes..., he did not know but he had felt a strange familiarity...like he had seen her somewhere...some hidden memories were surfacing, he felt confused for a moment and he did not like it one bit...the uncertainty, the feeling of powerlessness were making him restless.

The irritating girl again tried to gain his attention and was trying to pull his arm.In that process, she accidentally collided with Neeta who nearly fell on Abhimanyu...her bag hitting his arm...'Oh! For god sake! There is a limit for desperation...this is not the place for it,'he dismissed her as though she is something worthless...he just wanted to hide the curiosity and the bruised ego he felt towards this stranger. The insult gave a bit of satisfaction to him.